THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Azerbaijan.....Father's day gift to me from me!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Azerbaijan.....Father's day gift to me from me!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gotta tell somebody who cares. I booked my hunt! June 13-20. Hunting with Mirbala Manafov and Extreme Mountain hunts on the recommendation of a Canadian friend. Yup. I'm excited for another adventure.

Guessing my gear list will be similar to Kyrgy. Can't wait to start shooting again.

Ski+3
Kalispell, MT

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Should be a blast! Get in the gym...

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hear ya! I didn't change my workout from the prep for Kyrgy. Smiler
Now I gotta talk one of my fat friends to take a father's day adventure with me.

Ski+3

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
No need for additional food like Kyrgyzstan, you will be well fed! Azerbaijan was one of my favourite adventures. You'll love it! Here's a link to the video we shot there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61-qEd3cS4

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Nice video. Looks like an adventure for sure!
What time of year were you there? Weather looked great.

Ski+3

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
We were there in September. We got really lucky with the weather...it was incredible. If you are going to Shecki see if you can get Tural and Taleh as guides. They are awesome!

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mirbala got me a great trophy. You can read my report posted last year. I went to the winter camp in the first part of november and had a great hunt.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet. You'll have a great time.

Keep us posted on the preparation. I think I repacked my gear 10 times in two days just before my hunt. Drove my wife nuts. Too much fun.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
No need for additional food like Kyrgyzstan, you will be well fed! Azerbaijan was one of my favourite adventures. You'll love it! Here's a link to the video we shot there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61-qEd3cS4

Great video. I have never seen your show. I need to look for it.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a short video of my hunt last June. I would HIGHLY recommend that you ask for Asiman if he is available.

https://vimeo.com/130935675

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks bobby7321. Appreciate the video. A June hunt will be a first for me. What was your altitude?

Haven't spend much thought on packing. Assuming all the gear from Kyrgy will work. Physical conditioning is the same but I am older! Have spent 2 months breaking in a new rifle.
Montana Rifle Co. "Cascade Extreme". Sweet shooter. 300 WM with Leupold 3x18 CDS VX6.Driving 200 grain ELDx bullets at 2900 fps. Solid off the bipod at 500 yards. Will start working longer ranges when the snow melts here. Got permission to take my friend's BR2 on another date.

Will keep you all posted. Smiler

Ski+3

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! 29000 fps is pretty fastWink) seriously, this hunt sounds fantastic. Good luck!

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice video bobby.

I hunted with that same exact crew of guides out of Sheki in August 2013. Asiman was a great guide/interpreter. I was in a different camp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The crew was great. Mirbala put together a great hunt. Would highly recommend it to anyone. I really liked the early season. Weather was good and lots of animals. I didn't plan on bringing back the cape, so it was ideal for me.

I don't remember the altitude. I don't think it was necessarily that high, it was just STEEP as shit. I mean I was pretty scared most of the time hunting (also had taken a good fall in NZ just a month before), one slip and you wont stop for a few thousand feet. Just use the stick/spike they provide and jam that thing into the mountain with each step. Slow and steady. Have one of the guides stay below you and close. That's how I did it.

Just saw this posted online. Hopefully it doesn't play a role in any upcoming trips.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/...160402084508361.html

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they already have a cease fire. Hope it stays that way.

How are the capes for mounting on the early hunts?

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two days till liftoff! Super excited.
All equipment is in small piles waiting... The local weather forecast is 80 and sunny. Taleh is my guide and we have been emailing for a month. Taking him some Sitka mountain pants. The rifle and load are tuned like a race car. I can comfortably shoot out to 900 yards if the wind is right. Travel with Guns has all the paperwork in order and Mirbala is absolutely on top of his side.
Tonight is final AV check and pack. Can't wait for the best Father's Day ever!!

Ski+3

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Rob!

Can't wait to see the pics.

Put that rifle to good use!

Chris

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ongrats on a great Ram Rob. Can't wait to see some more pics. It looked like a fun hunt

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Hey Rob, I just booked this hunt with Mirbala while I was at the GSCO convention in Vegas. How did your hunt go? Did you post a hunt report? My hunt is scheduled for this coming August.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffybr i did a hunt with Mirbala if your interested in reading.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca...wthread.php?t=237387

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, no hunt report yet. Working on it. Promise.
I'm going back in September cause it was so fun. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Thanks nube, good report and pictures. Those mountains do look STEEP! Congrats on your ram.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote