THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Another Lot of Driven Spanish Partridges

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Lot of Driven Spanish Partridges
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
I thought I would share a few pics from this years driven Partridge shoot in Spain. We had a final bag of 400 Partridges over the two days so it was some spectacular shooting for the two days.

It goes without saying that in traditional Catalan fashion we all came home with expanded waistlines!!

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Looks like tortilla espanola. I made that for breakfast this morning for the wife.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Cool trip!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Bwana,

It was serious fun!! It's a lot of shooting in a couple of days and some awesome food. You can't go to Catalonia and not eat well.

BWW, it was indeed tortila, and was great. I make it here sometimes with some spinach folded through or some Chorizo dices into the onions.

Rgds,
K

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
The Missus and I simply must do this one day! We fell in love with Spain a couple of years ago... food, culture, it is all there.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Spain is indeed beautiful.

What rely strikes me is how everyone involved is passionate about the hunting, the hospitality, and generally embracing the good stuff in life.

Being mediteranean myself I love the culture, and understand the ethos, but Spain is so varied in its own right that there is always more to see.

I'm hoping to get back for a monteria this year if possible either in Spain or Portugal. The community aspect of the hunts is a real draw.

K

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great country with many hunters i have to return .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why the long tail?

Tell me about the camera.

Of course, nice photo's.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Norseman,

I assume you mean the tail on the Vizsla? I'm not sure to be honest. Occasionally you find dogs that were not docked either due to regulations or some such. Tail docking in the UK has become very regulated and although there is an exemption in the law for working dogs, some vets will not carry out the procedure.

I don't know what the situation is in Spain.

The camera was a Nikon D40X with either the 18-55 or the 55-200 lenses on it. To be honest I have been thinking of upgrading but I am not really good enough to justify it given the camera is not the limiting factor!! Wink

I wasn't sure if the faster processors in newer models would have an impact on the final output or not.

I have fun playing with it though.

Rgds,
K