THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    The Leopard is ready to pounce
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leopard is ready to pounce
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck McIntosh of Mac’s Gunwork’s did all the work (307-689-2796) except fluting the barrel.

BAT action, Jewell trigger, Krieger 1-8 twist barrel, Mac brake, McRee pistol aluminum stock, Camo cerakote by Chuck.

Chambering is the 6.5 Leopard (270WSM Norma brass necked down-Not a tight neck).

Holland scope level.

H-1000, Fed 210M’s, 130 Bergers @ 3085 fps.

Shot this rig out to 1200 yards confirming drops-Shoots real nice!

Ernie

posted Hide Post
That's awesome. How domyou bet a bat registered as a handgun? I have the same chambering in an xp rear grip and just got the samemin a center but how do you do it with a custom action that doesn't necessarily come as a handgun.
Thanks
D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking setup. I was looking at the thread on the shoot in Sundance and was wondering about the use of rifle scopes on handguns. Are these special eye relief or are they standard. If standard how do you keep it from whacking you in the head? I would like to get something bigger for my Encore.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The action was bought as a non-designated action. It was just simply an action. Since it was not designated one way or the other you can choose to build and handgun or a rifle with it.

We are using regular riflescopes.
This link/article should help explain how we do it.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/pro...Specialty%20Handguns

Ernie

one of us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I don't need a really high magnification so I will stick with a 3 to 9 or maybe 3 to 12 power. I am currently shooting a 357 max but working on making a wildcat out of it by using a 356 win case by removing the shoulder to give it a slight taper from base to neck. Here in Ohio the won't let us use a handgun with a shoulder but can be a slight taper.

Been to Wyoming many times as the wife and I own a small piece of land just west of Sundance.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote