Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Powerbelt Bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
I used the PowerBelt 295gr Aero Tip last year on an elk hunt in New Mexico. They shot well in my Omega, and as Mike said, they loaded the easiest of all bullets/sabot's I tried. I used 3-Pyrodex pellets (150gr). I had to take a much longer shot than anticipated (clear shot, prone position), but even so it performed great, entering high on the lungs slightly quartering and into the stomach. The elk dropped on the spot. We unfortunately did not recover it, as it would have been nice to see in what condition it was in. Frankly, IMO, with this non-traditional setup, I don't see much difference as compared to a rifle certainly out to 150 and maybe even 200 yards - although in a perfect world the shots would be under 100...

Regards,

Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with the accuracy and terminal performance of the .50 295gr HP Powerbelts I've used. See attached links.
Anyone have a good load for an LK-93?
Made Meat

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
has any one here used the 400grn plus power belts they seem like they would be real killers i wounder what would be the max charge you could use with one of these and still get good hunting accuracy.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
any one where ever use the 300 grain hornady sst with loose triple 7 powder?

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot anything but paper with the powerbelts, but out of my Knight mk-85 54cal they shoot really well with 3 shots cutting the same hole at 50yds and 110gns of Pyrodex RS.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Powerbelts of (one sort or other) shoot into 3" or less at 100 yards in four of my front loaders which previously had proven very persnikity as to charge and bullet.
-T/C Firestorm .50 cal.
-T/C Renegade .50 cal.(flint)
-Black Knight .54 cal
-Trad.Lightning .50 cal(209)

Posts: 24 | Location: upstate new york | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote