New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 bullet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dose anyone know what the BC of the 30 Cal M1 ball bullet is??

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you aware that M1 ball is the old cartridge and was the designation of a corrosive cartridge.
I believe the US went to M2 ball in the late 40s or not to long afterward.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Albert you are just wanting info on the bullet its self so you can duplicate the ballistics for the 1903 or the M1Grand?

Was the cartridge corrosive due to the primers?
If so Man I hope they dont make those types still today!
http://www.surplusrifle.com/sh.../corrosive/index.asp

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Primer was definitely the corrosive culprit.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Good thing they changed it out! I always thought that it meant the cases left little gold colored flakes in the chamber! God I m glad I m not shooting that crap!
Learn something new every time I log in this forum!

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
James Kain wasn't crap worked just fine just remember to clean after wards. I shot lots of corrossive ammo. Clean afterwards and no trouble.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote