THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BULLETMAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Bullet Making    Need advice on how to liquidate estate higher grade guns and ammunition

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on how to liquidate estate higher grade guns and ammunition
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Due to the death of my husband (AfricanHunter), I need to liquidate his estate. This would include higher grade guns and ammunition. Looking for the names of reputable auction houses or other suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear of your loss.

Best of luck in selling them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, sorry for your loss.

Rock Island Auction company is reputable. You might realize higher gains going to higher end retailers like William Larkin Moore company in Scottsdale. But the RIA folks seem to want to make it easy to sell through them.

Lots of money gets eaten in consignment fees or auction fees, so make sure you understand them, and understand on the auction if there's a minimum under which the item won't sell.

Hope this helps

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

I am involved in the auction business as the Middle East representative for Holt & Company, who sell in the UK and online worldwide.

Personally, I would go down a US based auction route, for simplicity. A lot of deceased's estate firearms are dealt with like this.

Rock Island have a good reputation.

Good luck.

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
My condolences Mrs. AH. Best wishes.

My wife will have similar concerns, although my children will be bequeathed some.

I would find a trusted, knowledgeable friend to provide a cursory appraisal/ estimate of their value. Especially if you are considering selling the entire collection. You might even find some success doing that here. Did he keep a spreadsheet on his collection? That would make my suggestion somewhat moot as at least you might have the original purchase price. Also, be aware. African rifle ammunition is extremely expensive. Do not just give that away.

Good luck.

Gary

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have told my wife; make one phone call; to Rock Island Auctions; they are 3 miles from here. They will handle everything, travel to pick up collections, have world wide clientele, and are honest.
Friends? I have seen so called friends turn into crooks overnight when faced with such a task.
RI Auctions (actually in Milan, next to Rock Island), charges more and less, 20% depending on selling price; they will go over all that with you.
Assuming you do not want to sell it all yourself; piece by piece.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree totally after trying to help widows in the past sell off the pieces. No good deed goes unpunished. I will never do it again.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Also...don’t sell them for what he told you he paid for them!

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote