Find
Notify
Tools

Sizeing Lee Tumble Lube Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted
Have any of you old Cods, Oops, Gentelmen ever used a regular sizer-lubricator on Lee T-L bullets? Also did I miss spell any of this (Sizeing)dont look right!!! killpc

Following and duplicating a successful persons actions is worth ten thousand hard headed mistakes

Posts: 127 | Location: AL | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only used the TL bullets with Lee sizers. But, yes.... Yes you did misspell several words in your post. I also noticed you are from Alabama, so the misspelling is probably not a big issue. Forgive my assault, but my dawgs lost to Auburn after holding them to 3 points and I am still sick about it. And, I think Bama is alot better than Auburn, so Bama will probably beat MS STATE by 4 touchdowns.

Gimme Back My Bullets!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting

QSMA President and Squirrel World Record Holder. 1.96 B&S

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club

Posts: 82 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted Hide Post
Ok then, I hate that your Dawgs lost to Auburn, that is a disgrace, almost as bad as my spelling, and your right most people arround these parts dont think much about a few miss spelled words...I think all the years of writing perscriptions in latin has screwed me up, some-twhat

Following and duplicating a successful persons actions is worth ten thousand hard headed mistakes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no doubt... scratching out prn and iiaday a bunch of times a day must be taxing. You don't see many docs bothering with latin anymore. I think its because the pharmacists can't read it.

Posts: 82 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted Hide Post
Well, thats something you wont read in a fortune cookie! I am going to try running a few dozen of those T-L bullets threw my 450 with some Jakes Purple lube and see what happens..I just dont care for the Tumble Lube, I like shiny bullets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On a serious note, I would be curious also to find out what happens. My guess is that you will not move alot of metal at all from your bullets in the sizer. Therefore, I would also expect alot of lube to leak. I haven't used my sizer lubricator in quite some time so I cannot remember the order of operation. But, if the bullet is lubed then sized, it could get messy. I have used the Lee Liquid Alox for years, and you are right on, the bullets are not pretty. An, ugly dingy brown color.. and a bit sticky for awhile. I, too, like shiny, not brown, dingy, and sticky bullets so I wipe off the lube on the nose of the bullet after loading. The surfaces than need the lube are usually inside the case already. Not always true, but alot of the time this is the case. And, the lube on the nose serves no purpose at all except for being sticky and generally unattractive. So, if you decide to keep using the Lee lube, you might try wiping off the nose of the bullet. Works for me.

I have several of the Lee sizers and they work well. I lube after sizing, of course, then put them away until needed. Like most cast and lubed bullets, they do best in a box with a lid to control dust.

Let us know how it works with the 450.

One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted Hide Post
I just got the book "Modern Reloading 2nd Edition" By Richard Lee. There is an artical on bullet lube and barrel fouling. He has already experimented with his varnish type lube and the hot lube. It is interesting to say the least. I got the book NEW on Ebay for 24.00 including shipping. The people selling them are Miller Outfitters. The book is WELL worth the price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have his books too. He makes alot of sense. Real good info in those books.