Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Very Lucky, And The Stupid Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
I was at a road junction, waiting on a red light.

It is an L junction.

I could see the cars on the other road coming to a stop, but one large truck was not.

He turned into an empty lane, but before getting there he clipped a car, taking parts of it bumper with him.

My light was green now, and I could see the truck was not going to stop.

I followed him, got to his side and took a photo with my phone, slowed down and took another photo of his number plate.

He slowed down and stopped.

The car he hit had a lady with two children with her.

If he had hit them, God only knows what would have happened.

I told the truck driver he better not run off again, as he is in very very deep trouble.

Got back to the lady, and a few minutes later the police arrived.

Gave them the photos, and told them where was parked.

I asked the officer what the punishment might be.

He said for going through a red light, one month suspension of the license, and his truck is impounded for a month.

Plus a fine.

Causing an accident going through a red light has additional punishment.

And as there are no injuries, the driver can buy back his license, and the impounding of his truck for a month.

This would cost him between $US5000 - 6000.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Saeed. Glad you caught the person and assured he will he held accountable.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would never happen in the good old US of A!

Just ask Ted Kennedy!

Hip

Posts: 1796 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
That would never happen in the good old US of A!

Just ask Ted Kennedy!

Hip

water required

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Just like that drunk SOB that hit me on the bridge on new Years eve, taking out my driver's side mirror, shattering the window + jamming the drivers side door because he crossed into my lane + I had no where to go on the bridge. But when I got off the bridge + got turned around he was long gone.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Just like that drunk SOB that hit me on the bridge on new Years eve, taking out my driver's side mirror, shattering the window + jamming the drivers side door because he crossed into my lane + I had no where to go on the bridge. But when I got off the bridge + got turned around he was long gone.

Would almost never happen here.

We have traffic cameras at every junction.

And anyone running away from an accident is hit very very hard.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I agree that it would have been recorded if in town, but I was on a back country bridge outside of town. I'm sure he was hauling ass to get away after hitting another vehicle. The DWI fines down here are astronomic. As to being drunk; that's just an educated guess; New Years Eve, 4:30 P.M (getting an early start) over the line into my lane + then running like hell. Sounds like it to me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote