THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    In The Past Few Weeks I've Watched Every Movie John Wayne Ever Made

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In The Past Few Weeks I've Watched Every Movie John Wayne Ever Made Login/Join 
one of us
posted
https://www.usatoday.com/story...y-column/2948476001/ So far I think I like Red River, The Shootist, and Stagecoach the best. True Grit was good also. I've watched him so often recently, I thought he came back to life.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What and who's next?

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about Rio Bravo, El Dorado and Hatari

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
I really liked "The Quiet Man" & "The Searchers", however

they are all classics!

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They are all classics but I would have to say my 2 favorites were "The Shootist" + "Stagecoach" with "Hondo" coming in 3rd. I knew when that Indian killed his dog, he was in for a very bad end. I seem to remember John Wayne said in the filming of Stagecoach that Ford wanted him to repeat several times the scene where you see him walking the desert. He said I lost 25 lbs doing that scene. I was never in better shape.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This topic reminded me that when I lived in Santa Fe we went out one day, in late '57 I believe, to watch them film some of a western movie named "Cowboy"; a movie starring Glenn Ford and Jack Lemmon. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_(1958_film)

I think my mother had the hots for Ford. We watched him do a few scenes. We never looked at Jack Lemmon.

It really wasn't much of a movie, but it was the only one I watched being made.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about Rio Bravo, El Dorado and Hatari

Yep, and McClintock! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an old friend (dead now) that was working a job close to where they were filming "The Alamo". He stopped at his regular coffee shop on his way to the job on a Sunday morning + there was Chill Wills going through the DTs. No liquor before 12:00. Dee had a bottle of vodka in his truck so he brought it in + the waitresses took care of, Mr. Wills, to the tune of vodka + O.J. He was very cheery soul after he had a few.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I've been watching too much Gunsmoke. I've decided to leave my wife for Miss Kitty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can certainly relate. Amanda Blake was a real doll in her day. Sad to say but the needle in the balloon was that she died of Aids over 20 years ago. Never mind, forget I said that. We are locked in + must only think happy thoughts. "Matt you'd better come quick, there's a 3 legged dog down at the Longbranch + looks like he's looking for trouble." You know the rest. If not, let me know + I'll finish the story.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet any dollar I have that she didn't catch it through a heroin needle or sexually. Many people died of AIDS through blood transfusions or other means. Our blood supply wasn't screened at the time for HIV. Probably lucky we all didn't die of it.

I remember Reagan thinking for the longest time that it was just a gay men's thing, and he failed to act.

There is a great book that covers what happened and how we let the AIDS pandemic get away from us. It's called, "And The Band Played On". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_the_Band_Played_On The title is an allusion to the band playing as the Titanic sank. (They made a movie of it, but it wasn't very good.)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many people died of AIDS through blood transfusions or other means. Our blood supply wasn't screened at the time for HIV. Probably lucky we all didn't die of it.

True that one. I clerked for a Federal Judge and his in-laws both died of AIDS. His father- in-law got it from a blood transfusion for heart surgery and he unknowingly later gave it to his wife. Terrible deaths.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I think I've been watching too much Gunsmoke. I've decided to leave my wife for Miss Kitty.

Yeah, time for you Texans to get out of the house. Smiler domestic violence is apparently up dramatically.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first Gunsmoke episodes were 30 minutes long and I don't remember Kitty having the mole. I have seen some of the hour long episodes where she has the mole and later it's gone. In one of the black and white series there is an electrical outlet on the corner of a porch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember thinking at the time, Thank God mosquitos can't carry it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure Matt Dillon was gay, or he would have tapped that in at least one episode. Miss Kitty was just waiting for him to ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt Dillon lived two lives. Big Grin Of course he did Miss Kitty. rotflmo You all did Miss Kitty as teenagers. rotflmo jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the censers were a lot more prudish in those days. I can't recall how many times Miss Kitty got raped by the bad guys but it was glossed over as her staggering about after being "outraged".

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just watched the worst John Wayne movie I've ever seen; Big Jake. The plot, dialog, and action was ridiculous at times. I blame whoever wrote the screen play. Nothing about the writing is logical. The actors respond more like cartoon characters than real people. It was a disappointment.