THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Whole new meaning to backup iron sights

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whole new meaning to backup iron sights Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.military.com/daily...A#Echobox=1606226425

Hopefully we won’t see this in hunting.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I would hope we didn't see it in our military. Every Marine is a rifleman 1st. Let's face it, those 18-year-old eyes can use iron sights just fine. Always have. Those 'new' sight planes will cause more trouble than it will fix. I.E- a solution to a non-existent problem.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just because something from the past worked at one time doesn't mean.

It should not be replaced by something better.

Posts: 19353 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Progress is inevitable. I would imagine way back when, the people making buggy whips warned us not to trust those internal combustion engines.

I threw rocks at fax machines, and microwave ovens as I recall.

Posts: 13771 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
There's a lot more going on in that device than just an aiming reticle. Read the whole article.

I would worry about how easy it is to jam the communications on that thing. Blue Tooth comm link? Sounds like it wouldn't take much effort to interrupt the signal path to and from those things.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with Slim. The Chinese, Israelis and Russians probably already have countermeasures in the works.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote