New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn Paypal Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted
I usually ask for postal money orders. Just completed a transaction here (non firearm) and was paid by paypal.

The funds arrived with a notice that they would be held 21 days in case of a buyer dispute, and boilerplate about keeping my ebay rating up.

My ebay rating (mostly as a buyer) is 100%.

Option B is to upload tracking info and they will release 3 days after delivery. Not really an issue that I am desperate for the cash, but I am irritated that they can institute rules unilaterally, with no recourse, citing ebay, when the transaction had nothing to do with ebay.

The buyer has been great, and it is nothing he did. Just another reason why I don't like paypal.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never used paypal and don't plan on it. I've heard too many stories like yours.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
There was another post on this and I have been bitten by this as well. After the 21 days you are good to go, but it's one of those bullshit things paypal/amazon/ebay/any online retailer/pay acct does that they do not readily disclose until you are in the middle of the process.

posted Hide Post
Moved to 'Miscellaneous Topics'.

The Classifieds are not a discussion forum.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
THis topic is entirely approppriate for the Classifieds forum.

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Why? You're complaining about PayPal/eBay, not the buyer.

If your bank flubbed the clearing of payment, would you have complained about it on the Classifieds?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm just wanting to make sure I understand your situation right, I was the other person that had this happen recently, your transaction was through here not through ebay? and they still enacted the 21 day hold? That's such utter and complete bullshit. I hate paypal from the bottom of my soul. today I was leaving the post office with the tracking number in my hand thinking I really think each company should have the head of the company personally responsible for their policies and their addresses should be published. Man I'd like to have a ton of cow manure delivered to the guys front yard.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote