New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike in guns + ammo sales? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
My son called today + said he saw on the news, lines of folks waiting to get into the gun stores + that ammo is just about all bought up. I know we have this panic buying on a regular basis during election time. Has anyone noticed anything like this right now?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont go into gun stores anymore. I like what I got and am well stocked for years. I have heard folks buying up. Strange though I have not heard of any ones gun getting out and foung a mass shooting with this lock down. Do you think it might have people and not the guns that was going that. Hummm. Naw. Nancy will stick against the gun.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I welcome new gun owners once they realize a firearm is useful and own one.

The less likely they will want to give them up.

I just hear reports of shortages haven't been inside a store inn two weeks.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was told by a good friend that Cabela's had a line of about thirty people getting paperwork completed and a gun in hand from about an hour after opening until closing. He said he was lucky to buy the last 9mm ammo on the shelf.

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The local Academy store has sold every AR type rifle they had and have zero 9mm, 45acp and .223 ammo.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with p dog. Getting more shooters interested is only good for all of us. I personally don't have an ammo shortage problem but I remember how long the 22 shortage was after Obama was elected.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a kinda addendum, I went to the grocery store today for a gallon of milk + the line was all the way around the store waiting to get in. I just went home. Looked like a Soviet bread line. except everyone was 6' apart. I can only assume that they are only letting X amount of folks into the store at one time. They have now just 1 entrance + 1 exit. This is HEB BTW. Sunday grocery shopping has always been brisk + if there is a limit on shoppers, I could see that.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We've had the same thing. Lines to buy guns and ammo. One store that I deal with has sold all of their guns and are only taking FFL gun transfers right now. Lines to enter grocery stores to buy food are everywhere. Apparently they are regulating the number of people that can be in the grocery stores to about 50% of the store's actual capacity in order to spread people out. Most, if not all, are wearing face covers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's true. I went to the grocery store today + most folks had on a mask. I was kinda embarrassed the 1st time I wore one but everybody has one on you'd be a damned fool not to. My cousin in Dallas said someone wore one into the lobby + got shot. Who knows? Down here the lobby has been closed, only the drive-throughs are open. Must be hell trying to take out a loan, but there's most likely not much of that happening either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, BANK lobby.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Sorry, BANK lobby.

Thanks for the clarification! Haha!

Yes, we have a one in/one out for grocery stores here based upon square footage. I had to restock today for basically the first time since the madness really set in. It was strange, but people smiled and were just happy to see others.

I have done takeout to help out locally owned restaurants from time to time.

I do have plenty of ammo, but wouldn’t call myself a hoarder. I just buy in anticipation of shooting recreationally.

As p dog said, I welcome new gun owners, but also would like them to take a safety course. Once the ranges reponen, I don’t want the new guy being unsafe.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, we have a one in/one out for grocery stores here based upon square footage. I had to restock today for basically the first time since the madness really set in. It was strange, but people smiled and were just happy to see others

Local Wal-mart has senior hr 6am to 7am
Tue.

First time shopping in 2 weeks. The only thing I saw in short supply was paper products.

I was there at 6 85 to 90 percent had masks and gloves on.

Every body was respect full of distance Meet a couple of friends had a nice conversation.

Saw no one that seemed sick.

Had our first case reported in the county where I live an escape from MN MPL's Saint Paul area.

Decided to get away from it.

So he drove a 100 plus miles bringing a case to a area that didn't have any.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote