New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulsa Gun Show Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted
Dont forget- the Tulsa gun show is this weekend.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Every time I go, I get in trouble!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I don't know how it is in OK. But down here in Texas we used to have great gun shows that had some bargains + guys willing to haggle; not anymore. I quit even taking any pieces to possibly trade because the general consensus was that whatever I had was sxxt but what they had was gold. They want the profit margin on both ends. It took the fun out of the gun show. I approve of Capitalism but I don't like to feel I've been screwed. These folks, just like the ammo hoarders who are making a killing on screwing their fellow shooters are doing the same by overinflating their prices. And trades are only fair when both parties are satisfied.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
And trades are only fair when both parties are satisfied.

Yep. I have a friend that does not feel quite satisfied unless he has screwed the seller. Of course, my friend is also a fellow lawyer. rotflmo clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun shows in 1980s Salt Lake City were splendid. They are not what they were, but they are still head and shoulders over what we get here.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On a trip down memory lane, I recall the Austin gun show in the late 70's when APD was going to semi autos + getting rid of their revolvers. They had 2 large tables selling all their Colt + S+W 357 revolvers for $150.00 each. Of course, hindsight being 20/20 I didn't buy a bunch.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
The gun shows in 1980s Salt Lake City were splendid. They are not what they were, but they are still head and shoulders over what we get here.

We were driving past Salt Lake about that and I actually attended one , bought a 40mm grenade launcher practice round . No big deal at the time. I did attend one in Vegas a couple of years ago, still head and shoulders above ours.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:

Having lived in Provo in the early 80’s I can attest to that. And gun shows in CA are simply a joke……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
been to tulsa twice, one year an AD happened at the door, Think it was a 22 rifle.

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
My buddy who sets up there said it was bad.

I worked gunshows throughout high school with SWFA (1991-1995). They were entertaining back then. There were real guns, not piles of AR-15s like now.

I did avoid gunshows for years after I left SWFA for college. The last one I went to was at Dallas Market Hall, which used to be a big show (that’s where DSC was held until Dallas Convention Center). It was mostly junk. I did buy a shotgun shell waist belt bandolier that fits 28 for $15 along with some summer sausage and salsa. A lot of the rest were AR and other plastic guns, with a few old timers out there with a table with stuff they might sell, but really wanted to BS with someone or get away from the wife!

I fear they have gone the way of many things, going online. That’s kind of what I helped implement at SWFA before I left, but it was more traditional mail order before Al Gore really invented the internet.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The was an AD at the Austin show about 15 years ago. There was IMMEDIATE police response, they came out of nowhere. Seems this guy didn't check his concealed carry piece at the door + was trying out a new holster (with his finger on the trigger) + shot the guy standing next to him through the leg. I never heard a word about it on the news + the promoters were not letting the press in the building. I asked one of the guys working there the following month about it's lack of publicity. Seems it was hushed up because the shooter was an Austin cop. Probably a good thing though, that's the kind of thing that gets gun shows shut down.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
The was an AD at the Austin show about 15 years ago. There was IMMEDIATE police response, they came out of nowhere. Seems this guy didn't check his concealed carry piece at the door + was trying out a new holster (with his finger on the trigger) + shot the guy standing next to him through the leg. I never heard a word about it on the news + the promoters were not letting the press in the building. I asked one of the guys working there the following month about it's lack of publicity. Seems it was hushed up because the shooter was an Austin cop. Probably a good thing though, that's the kind of thing that gets gun shows shut down.

There were quite a few ADs when I worked shows, but many of them were by dealers or their employees. One happened to be at the George R. Brown CC in Houston. Being a city owned facility, Gun shows were subsequently banned. That policy seems to have changed, as that facility now hosts the HSC show.

It would shock me seeing the large water jugs full of ammo found during inspections at check in by the front entrance.

I am guilty of losing plenty of pocket knives going through various security checkpoints at airports or other events. It wasn’t intentional, but putting a knife in my pocket is as natural to me as putting my wallet in my pocket. There is a reason I only buy EDC knives under $40, but quality like CRKT, and also in bulk.

As an attorney, I’ve never had that problem entering a courthouse, as my pocket arrangement in my suit pockets is different. There have been a couple times in “civilian clothes” I will go just to file paperwork or whatever, and it’s simple just to go out to the parking lot to drop off my knife in the truck after realizing it during emptying of the pockets.

Speaking of courthouse security, it can be more stringent than TSA at times. It’s really a pain.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
There used to be a gunshow at the White Plains City hall. (NY)

One year after one of the mass shootings the show was stopped. The show brought in so much money that they reopened it about 2 years later. The gunshow brought more money in than the Quilting show or Compute show :-)

After the SAFE act the show was no more.

I remember hearing 2 (junk knife) vendors talking about how bad business was. They were selling cheap $2 knives for $20 each.
I butted in and said, "If you didn't want to retire on this junk you'd do better"

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marcus, I can relate. It really pisses me off going into the court house + having 30 deputies standing around on the payroll + doing nothing but collecting pay + having to go through all that crap in the line + then buzzed every time because of my pins + bridgework. + this is just for going in to see the county clerk. When my son was in the service + in uniform they flagged him (metal pins in shoulder) but you would have thought he kidnapped the Lindberg baby. On another occasion at the airport, I had made him a keychain fob. I used a 416 Rigby case, fitted a cotter key in the primer hole, seated a cast bullet W/ his stamped initials on the bullet. Of course it was seized. IDIOTS!