THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Off topic - Gun stores in Fort Worth/OKC

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off topic - Gun stores in Fort Worth/OKC Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I am going to be in both Forth Worth and Oklahoma City in the next couple of months. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for good gun stores I could visit?

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the past, OKC had some great gun stores--Mashburn Arms, Southwest Shooters Supply, Fred Baker Firearms and probably others. Now, I'm only aware of the chain stores--Cabelas, Academy, Bass Pro. etc. I think Gene Sears in El Reno is still open.
Depending on your tastes, it may be worth the effort to visit Champlin Firearms in Enid. There you can handle arms by Rigby, H&H, Purdey and others.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with Kongoni. If you have a chance to drive to Champlin, 1.5 hours north of OKC, it is worth the trip. You can spend a few hours in the gun vault. George will keep you entertained the rest of the day.

http://www.champlinarms.com/

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook the used racks at the various Cabelas. They have a lot of good stuff, especially the one north of Ft. Worth, used to anyway. Unfortunately usually fully priced, but they will often come down a little bit, depending on how long they have had it.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Hope there are more.

I would love to visit Champlin but time is not going to allow it.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have also mentioned H&H Shooting Sports in OKC. I've only been there once but it's a fine store and they do a lot to promote the shooting sports.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
There are several other gun shops in the OKC area but H&H is maybe the premier store in the area. Gene Sears Supply in El Reno is a great place, especially if you're interested in shotguns. Lots of loading equipment and supplies there too.
As was suggested, Champlain Arms in Enid is a special place. Located at Woodring airport on the east side of Enid, it's worth the drive.
South of OKC, in Duncan, is Murf's guns. Been an established store in Duncan for 50+ years, I suppose. Located on the east side of US 81 as you enter town.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Champlins. You will spend hours in their vault and completely lose track of time.

I had a hearing a few years back in Tulsa and took a whole extra day to drive up. Glad I did.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote