Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NUKS Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
If nuclear weapons had never been invented, would we be fighting in Ukraine now?

Posts: 61 | Location: Fallbrook, Ca | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit of an exaggeration, but if nuclear weapons had not been invented we might still be fighting in the Pacific.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cold War might have turned out very differently, but it would still have been fought, maybe a lot hotter.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, I totall agree as did Harry Truman. It would have cost millions of American lives to invade Japan. He did the right thing + I find that the beauty of this decision from "Give Em Hell Harry" was that he had NO remorse for doing the right thing after the fact. Another great president to be respected.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizz, still might, I grew up in that cold war scenario + though I still don't trust the soviets (or whatever they deem to call themselves now) the "new regime" of putin is "Another ladel of the same soup "as the Russian peasantry (serfs for a better word but still the same to the oligarths) would put it. Not much new under the sun.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Likely, if nukes hadn't been invented, we would have fire bombed all of the major Japanese cities and burned them to the ground. Same outcome. Europe would be a lot different. If Truman had let Patton and McArthur off the leash, Russia and China might have very different borders.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob, I couldn't agree more! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Truman had let Patton and McArthur off the leash, Russia and China might have very different borders.

Absolutely correct in my opinion.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget General I.D. White. He was at the tip of the spearhead to enter Berlin but was ordered to stop + let the commies in 1st due to politics.Let the gang rapes begin. Just as an aside Isacc Davis White was a direct descendent of his namesake + who is better known as the one who fired the "Shot heard around the world" at Lexington + Concord.