Find
Notify
Tools

Enjoy your cigar while you can Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The government is becoming more and more oppressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jH-G3e-bI

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
It's just Obama fundamentally changing America again.

It will also destroy the vapor cigarette industry. Who benefits? Big tobacco. I wonder how much and to who they have been paying big bucks.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are paying Hillary now!

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Because of the agreements/settlements made between 'Big Tobacco' and the State AGs, the state governments are essentially in a business partnership with the cigarette companies. The last thing the states want is for the companies to go out of business since there is a significant gravy train basically in perpetuity. What the state governments want is for 'Big Tobacco' to continue to sell in Europe, Asia, etc. and not here in the USA, and continue the massive payoffs to state budgets.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I quit smoking cigarettes several years ago but still would like a good cigar on occasion. I don't do so as to not tempt the beast.That is for me. However I do not think the gov. should have any say in the matter of consulting adult consumers using a legal product.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

iirc, they only get the blood money for tobacco products actually sold, with the tax stamps on each pack.

What will be next, alcohol...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote