THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    What do you own a ridiculous amount of?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago, in my metal business, a friend's wife said you should make, blah, blah, I'm sure it would sell. I said, but it serves no purpose, why would anyone want something like that that has no functional use. She justed looked at me + said, Women don't need items to serve a purpose, we just like them to look at. There in lies the different thought processes between the sexes. I could never conceive of building something that had no set purpose.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guns, and especially taxidermy!

I have tried, with some success, to get rid of a lot of the other stuff I had. When I moved a 1 1/2 years back, my kids were leaving for college and we moving to a new house. I bet I hauled 4 horse trailers of "junk" to the dump. I also sold a bunch of other stuff that I had, but did not use.

Its really kind of pathetic how much "stuff" you can acquire and for me, a lot of it
is not worth that much. It sure was great to downsize! A lot less headaches.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wheat ear pennies! Hundreds of pounds, saving them for my 5 granddaughters. Hoping a couple of them will be coin collectors.

Posts: 558 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I started all 3 of my boys with penny collection books. Mostly filled, but that has been from years ago when we still found them in our change. Not much chance of that these days. On an aside, I was talking with an elderly gent that had a coin + stamp shop in 1980 + he said that he the most fun by giving kids their change + installing at least one buffalo nickle. The kids would see what they had in change, roll their eyes left + right + then make for the door. He said the experience was priceless while the nickles had the date worn off were worth a nickle. Cute.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote