New
Find
Notify
Tools

WARM safety toe boots Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I need a warm pair of work boots, must have a safety toe. I figure warm and steel don't go hand in hand so I'm thinking a composite toed boot. Has anybody found such a thing?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
heavy socks

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Probably my best bet. So far the only thing I've found is 600grams of thinsulate with a steel toe. That doesn't cut it in the winter.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BOGS boots makes a rubber insulated boot with steel toe. They are very warm and their sizes run on the large side. Additionally John Deere Boots(made by Dan Post) are availlable in steel toe insulated...I am wearing them now. Govt provided the Bogs(steel toe Rancher). Hope this helps!

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The Bogs look great but they don't offer it in anything larger than a size 10. Too bad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bogs offers the Rancher steeltoe work boot to size 16. I know cuz I wear them. Their sizes run very large. Normally in tennis shoes I wear size 18.

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Most people up here in the oilfield are switching to Dunlop Purofort Thermo+ rubber boots. They are made in Netherlands and are the warmest boots I have ever had. Last week we were working in -40 weather and my feet stayed warm all day. They have steel toes and are antistatic and oil resistant. They also work very well in the summer.
Dunlop Purofort Thermo+

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
drew, you're correct. I went back to Bogs site after reading your pm and for the life of me I have no idea what I missed or how I did. I bought a pair of Wolvernes with 1000grams of thinsulate. They aren't bad. My toes did get a little cold at minus 20 if I wasn't moving for extended periods of time. I bought them from Working Person .com They have a nice online store for several products. It's worth looking into for those like me who have a limited local selection.

The Dunlops look good Canuck, but they stop at size 12, unless I'm in another fog Smiler