Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Political forum meltdown Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
What exactly happened to force the change?

Posts: 932 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
It had gotten pretty heated leading up to the last elections and over the last few days it had gotten downright nasty on many different fronts. So, it has been building for some time.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ummm have you visited the forum since the election?

Members have lost the plot and gummed up the place with hysteria, vitriol, hatred, mindless propaganda and childish rants. OK, so not much has really changed...

Hummmmm

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Ummm have you visited the forum since the election?

Members have lost the plot and gummed up the place with hysteria, vitriol, hatred, mindless propaganda and childish rants. OK, so not much has really changed...

Hummmmm

Looking at it that way seems like business as usual.....hmmmmm

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well for some reason I am not allowed to post in the new "political playground". I absolutely can't have caused as much dust as numerous other characters such as Edmond, Kableuy, Straightshooter etc! And yes I noticed the static, largely caused by leftist scum and otherwise fanned by Saeed with his anti American attitude.

Posts: 932 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
only Edmond is allowed

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's hope it stays closed for ever.

Regardless of politician views some people seemed so disjointed from reality they should not be reloading their own ammo or even owning firearms.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

This is a hunting and shooting forum. Unfortunately, it turned into a Romper Room. Time to get back to what really matters - Push Feed Vs Control Feed and should one really use a shotgun for a wounded leopard follow up and to tip or not to tip?

You know, the important stuff.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. The PF took such a nasty turn that I quit posting and had just about quit reading it. I recommend it stay closed as well. While I enjoyed some of the discussions leading up to the election, all the reasoned discourse seemed to disappear.

The PF had become worse even than the double rifle forum, where if you don't have the right brand of double rifle you are an idiot to be ridiculed.

Anyway, without the PF, I might find time to talk about things like my LabRadar chronograph, the two very nice rifles I picked up at the gunshow last week, my drop tube enlightment, etc......

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW - What has been your experience with the LabRadar chronograph?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe my bad? What I find interesting is that we can be all concerned about how the antis view us when we disagree or debate on the subjective ethics of hunting. Meanwhile,I can't help but wonder if disagreements here on AR from politics to how to carry a rifle turning to name calling and insults may leave a more lasting impression to outsiders and youth. Nothing is ever lost acting with class and dignity.

Posts: 1070 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
BTW - What has been your experience with the LabRadar chronograph?

The short version is it works. It does take some getting used to, but it's not difficult. I did get enough readings from muzzle to 100 yds to verify the BC of the 225 TTSX out of my M-70 in 340 Wby. The BC was just a little less than advertised, which makes sense as each barrel deforms the bullet a little differently.

What I like most is I don't have to shut down the range and walk out in front of the bench to set it up. It will with sit on the bench or on a tripod immediately in front of the bench.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I wonder - if Hillary had won the election, would the current circumstance in the PF be the same?

Posts: 22 | Location: I Hate Texas | Registered: 08 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm glad for the change myself. I did'nt frequent that forum that often but when I did it was a constant vitriolic attack on the opposite political line.This is a shooting/etc. site.If we do have a new political forum I hope that there will be some modicum of manners for all who enter. We are supposed to be 'grown ups' after all.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I hadn't waded into the PF in years. It has always been a cesspool chocked full of floaters. Didn't know it was shut down. The world in general, and this site specifically is better off for it's absence. I hope they make it permanent.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just looked st the Political still looks like the old one.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to my lease.

dint' miss a beat or miss it a bit while I was gone!

It was back up when I got back yesterday eve.

SOS,

antifas and furriners doin' their thing!

IMHO, they are hung up and don't see the big pix and if they do they can't handle all the winning!

http://www.americanthinker.com...ming_to_success.html

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always a nice place to be in good or troubled times.If it needs to be explained then those are not one of us.You're right GDUb,most everything the folks on the PF are bitching about are so inconsiquential that it reminds me of the 1st time I joined the chamber of commerce over 30 years ago.I made ONE meeting.Those people just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing.Life is short enough.Nice view from your stand. I have always felt that my quiet time in the outdoors are my personal time with God.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite view at my lease is from a spot I call "the canopy". It's an old frame constructed of drill stem and angle. It was probably erected 50 years or so ago. The top leaks and one side is completely open and the door is missing. It sits on the back side of one of the highest hills in the area. I can see to the horizon for 200 degrees. Its about 1/2 mile from camp to where I park my ATV and then about a three hundred yard hump up and 50 yds. down.

I luv getting there about an hour before daybreak. Gives me time to cool down from my hike, get settled and quiet, maybe doze a few minutes, then experience the dawning of the day and the world coming alive.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what you mean.Since you mentioned your roof leaking,P.M. me + I will make you a new one as I own a sheet metal shop. No charge for a fellow Texan + A.R. guy. Looking at your fired case;is that an AI? Best,R.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
!0/4 on the roof.

If it won't offend, I have hunted out of this contraption for at least 1/2 dozen years. I've not done one thing to it and most likely will do no repairs. I let it leak. Reminds me I'm alive when a drop of cold rain leaks down the back of my neck between my skin and collar.

The shell in question was fired from my Nosler Custom Sporter in 325 WSM. For several years that was my go to hog thumper when shooting 200 yds or more.

If you notice the clear patch where the spin cast feeder is set up there is a dead hog under the feeder. The distance is 175 yds. I load 200 gr. Nosler Accubonds at +/- 2,850 fps. Works well for perforating porkers.

When I shoot hoglets my favorite shot is to place a bullet two inches below the ear on a line between the ear and shoulder. They drop and paddle. No tracking. DRT. I like that. Don't always work out that way as they are constantly moving and sometimes between the time my brain sez squeeze, my finger does and the bullet impacts, they move a skosh.

I have two feeders set up at this location. If I'm facing west one is at 7 o'clock the other at 1 o'clock

here are views from the 1 o'clock position!

In this case the rifle is a Remington 700 Custom KS in 300 H & H. I painted the stock with Krylon Webbing spray.

Distance once more is 175 yds. Rifle is zero'd at 200.

Luv sitting up here. Get to watch pairs of hunting hawks, ravens and multiple species of birds. Quite often there will be Black Hawk helos' and Jets doing manuevers.

Its a rush when a jet flies over close enough that you can see the guys heads.

Perforating Hoglets is a bonus!

ya!

GWB

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet set up you have there Geedubya! tu2

What happened to the PF was that the snowflake far right members of the forum were under the impression that it was their safe space and were getting triggered by anyone else drawing breath, the cucks. Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:
That's a sweet set up you have there Geedubya! tu2

What happened to the PF was that the snowflake far right members of the forum were under the impression that it was their safe space and were getting triggered by anyone else drawing breath, the cucks. Big Grin

Although one might get the impression that I resemble that remark,

I'm just an innocent bystander

watching the time go by!

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew Dan slightly. Maryanne Price lives here in Austin (or did) + see her on occasion down at the South Austin Museum Of Popular Culture .Those of us old Armadillos from the 70's music scene.