THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Watched a classic film on New Year's Eve

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watched a classic film on New Year's Eve Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Wandered over to Roku and lo and behold, there was an old favorite among the chaff that I had not watched in many years: "Beckett."
O'Toole and Burton were at the height of their powers, and the script itself celebrates the moral triumph of conscience over cynicism.
"Beckett" and "A Man for all Seasons" remind me of the sacred importance of principle in an age that mocks truth.
Good start to 2022.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Bill, Happy New Year. I don't think I have seen that movie. I did stay up to ring in the new year and watched "Midway", the one with Woody Harrelson as Nimitz. Excellent movie.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Happy New Years to you both as well. Ann, try to find the Midway movie from (if memory serves 1977) with Charleton Heston + Henry Fonda. Bill, I remember Beckett well. The Paramount theater plays it every year in their summer film fest; it is a classic. And you are right in your synopsis of the situation that is age old but even more prevalent today. Devine right of kings, indeed!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Lots of these movies are on Youtube.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck finding movies on the TV as I am too rural for streaming services. I have satellite but limited data.

Last night I caught part of a older movie which starred a young Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek as some killers on the run. Didn't catch the name of it but I just could not call it a very good movie. Was kind of weird. The old cars were cool though.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good movie, Both O'Toole and Burton started as Shakespearean actors and it shows.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed! As an aside, I recommend the book "Hellraisers, the life + inebriated times of Peter O'Toole, Richard Burton, Richard Harris, + Oliver Reed"; by Robert Sellers. It's a good + informative read.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote