Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need education on Apple IPAD 2 Air Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I assume that this is the latest model. The Mrs. has decided that she doesn't need her Apple MacBook Pro but does need the above. So what gives with this? I see that it can be used as a phone as well? I see references to a SIM card or being "unlocked" etc.
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure about the phone. The sim card is for a cellular data plan. I have mine with Verizon.

I like mine. I have had Ipads for years. The iphone 6 plus has reduced my use of them.

The ipad air 2 is really light, great battery life, and excellent screen.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thnaks for the clarification beretta. I had assumed phone, but the cellular data plan makes sense if you are not at home on WiFi.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Thnaks for the clarification beretta. I had assumed phone, but the cellular data plan makes sense if you are not at home on WiFi.
Peter.

You can use Ipad Air 2 for im via apple messenger. I dont think you can use whatsapp. Other phone subs like google voice should work on it. But still does not replace a phone.

I got mine from verizon for $200 ish with a $10 month line fee plan. It is light.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, 200 bucks seems like a pretty good price! I'm not sure that she needs a cellular data plan, though it might be handy. Would such a plan be limited to that device or could I use my laptop as well? We have a vacation home that does not have internet.
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Hmmm, 200 bucks seems like a pretty good price! I'm not sure that she needs a cellular data plan, though it might be handy. Would such a plan be limited to that device or could I use my laptop as well? We have a vacation home that does not have internet.
Peter

I have a max Verizon plan as I use my phone and iPad for work. I live on the phone.

You can turn you iPhone or iPad into a hotspot and use your laptop.

I have a preset $200 budget for 2 phones and 1 iPad. Ever six months I go negotiate more data - I am at 18 gb and rarely use it all. Ar and Internet don't use data - movies and music do.

I will most likely be getting another phone and device and move to a small business plan.

I am with Verizon - you can get the deal with all major carriers. They hate churn - it's destroys profits. So they will always give free stuff.

In my paranoid days I kept phones of different networks. But now between wifi, network and sat phone I am covered for most scenarios.

Mike