Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping mystery Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I received and order for some product recently and shipped it to the street address I was given on the order form. I sent a shipping notice and the recipient responded that I sent it to the wrong address, and I should have shipped it to his PO Box. I sent him a copy of his order and he said he must have made a mistake. Then he wanted to know when it would come back to me as undeliverable. Well, USPS tracking showed the box was delivered 10 days after I mailed it and was then refused 3 days later. So, he was corresponding with me two weeks after the refusal date. The box arrived back to me 2 weeks later. The box had been carefully opened and re-sealed. The 2 bottles inside had their caps loosened and their liquid product spilled into their sealed plastic shipping bag. The fellow never asked for a refund and won't correspond now. What do you all think is up?

Posts: 3647 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems about impossible to say. Did you look on Google Maps and see what the address you shipped to is like? I'd also check a landowner data app and see if it went to a place that is his residence (not a multi-residence facility or apartment building).

Ultimately it's on him for providing the incorrect address on the order form. However it's on you to decide just how right the customer always is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great suggestion! I just checked Zillow and it is listed at $958K. Beachfront w/pool and grounds.

quote:
Originally posted by Overland:
It seems about impossible to say. Did you look on Google Maps and see what the address you shipped to is like? I'd also check a landowner data app and see if it went to a place that is his residence (not a multi-residence facility or apartment building).

Ultimately it's on him for providing the incorrect address on the order form. However it's on you to decide just how right the customer always is.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I have had several cases of boxes shipped priority USPS that were damaged + contents gone + pics to prove it but have yet to get them to pay back the supposedly $50.00 insurance granted when shipping priority. I've got other stories.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another instance that still rankles me. When my son was in the army + stationed at Ft. Lee, Va. before going to the sandbox, he came home for Christmas leave. I bought him a stereo system but he didn't have enough room in his car to take it back so I said, lets just insure it + mail it. I did. Insured a $250.00 stereo for $500.00 figuring I'm covered no matter what. Anyway the stereo arrived totally trashed + the P.O. would not honor the insurance claim without a bill of sale for the insured product. My son had no receipt as it had been a gift so they wouldn't pay. I went to my P.O. where I shipped it from + they wanted a receipt + I asked why. They said that they would only pay replacement actual cost + if I did not have a receipt then they had their own EXPERTS that would look at it + establish value. So I asked them if you knew up front that you would not honor the $500.00 insurance, why did you sell it to me. And the response was my most hated response these days, "Well that's just the way it is."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Another instance that still rankles me. When my son was in the army + stationed at Ft. Lee, Va. before going to the sandbox, he came home for Christmas leave. I bought him a stereo system but he didn't have enough room in his car to take it back so I said, lets just insure it + mail it. I did. Insured a $250.00 stereo for $500.00 figuring I'm covered no matter what. Anyway the stereo arrived totally trashed + the P.O. would not honor the insurance claim without a bill of sale for the insured product. My son had no receipt as it had been a gift so they wouldn't pay. I went to my P.O. where I shipped it from + they wanted a receipt + I asked why. They said that they would only pay replacement actual cost + if I did not have a receipt then they had their own EXPERTS that would look at it + establish value. So I asked them if you knew up front that you would not honor the $500.00 insurance, why did you sell it to me. And the response was my most hated response these days, "Well that's just the way it is."

I no longer ship hatching eggs because of the receipt issue. I provided email on agreed sales/transaction and what I charge as a farm. I went back and forth over the issue and they never would pay. They completely destroyed the box on the first try and when I sent a replacement to my customer (at my expense). Never again.

Look for lots of rate increases with shipping as well.

~Ann

Posts: 19123 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! I'm in the middle of a transaction here with a guy who wanted to buy some bullets + brass from me. I shipped 2 weeks ago + so did he. I THINK he got his pkg. but I KNOW that I didn't get my check. It will arrive eventually but it really chaps me to pay for ineptitude + sub-par performance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now the guy sent me a screenshot of my order page with his shipping instructions. Problem is there were no instructions on his order. I checked my E-commerce provider and discovered a cancelled order. Apparently, the guy went back in the system and started an order just so he could screenshot the comments page. Then he cancelled the order. I refunded his money and chalked this up to experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got the guys check on Saturday + deposited it this morning but since he thought it was lost in the mail, he stopped payment on it + mailed me another, so now in addition to the aggravation I'll get a service charge from my bank. The post office is really screwing up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got the gents new check in the mail today. Written on the 15th + here by the 17th. So why was the 1st check taken 2 weeks to get here? As I said before, thank God it wasn't medicine or a monthly job draw that could upset the whole apple cart. I'm in the manufacture of the construction industry + I will say unabashedly that that realm of the work force of America is the backbone of our nation. In the past, the system was to present a bill by the 25th + the following month your check would be there on the 10th (ROCK SOLID). Not that way anymore; the banker ilk has discovered that every day that they withhold a draw they make interest money on a daily basis, + FXXK the workers. Well, they are not just shafting the working man but the entire economy, because this is a stack of dominoes on a major scale. I know this as I have lived it + thank God that I'm retired now. No that that will help me.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
NormanConquest. You could be right. Sucking up interest any way they can.
I had a fairly new checking account and asked how long before deposited funds from a bank 90 minutes away are available. 6 business days. I switched banks shortly thereafter.
Shipping related:
I went to ship a $6,500 package via Registered Priority mail. The guy totaled it up and I paid and got a receipt. But, he didn't time/day stamp the tape seams and laid it on a shelf behind him. I asked if he was going to stamp it. He said oh, I'll get to that later. I said you'll do it now before I leave. Thief or idiot? Who knows.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB, get me started on the postal system! One case here in point. when my son was stationed at Ft. Lee, Va. in 2001, he came home for Christmas on leave + I bought him a stereo. He didn't have room in his car so I mailed it with $500.00 insurance. When he got it it was totally trashed + the P.O. wouldn't honor the insurance with out a receipt. He said, I don't have a receipt, it was a Christmas present. They said that w/o a receipt, they would have THEIR EXPERTS look at it + appraise value. So I went to my P.O. + asked them why they wouldn't pay for what I insured it for + they gave me that answer that still pisses me off whenever I hear it, "Well, that's just the way it is."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh + BTW, today I got the notice in the mail from my bank about the stop payment check along with MY service charge for their privilege.