Find
Notify
Tools

Backwoods camp trailer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This thing fascinates me: Trailer video

Fully enclosed trailers seem a bit too posh for hunting and backwoods use, but packing everything loose, setting up and tearing down for traditional tent camping is a lot of work. This kind of thing seems like a good compromise.

I would like to attempt to duplicate something similar on my own, although maybe a bit simpler. Has anybody here done a DIY project similar to this? I would love to see pictures and get ideas for a modular, unfolding type of setup.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Manley ORV.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manley ORV

Nice, but overpriced in my opinion.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
We camp a lot in a gooseneck stock trailer, matress up in the over hang..stove on the floor, some chairs and spent the day gathering and branding and the cooks cooking usually the wives thank goodness.Lot of fun for all!! Pinto beans, white gravey, biscuits, meat (deer goat or beef), and veggies...Ice tea or coffee..pie or cobbler..Usually 3 or 4 days..at the end of each day the ladies sometimes drove a PU to the house and back at 3am...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post