New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paint Color?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im going to be repainting my small man room....

Nothing to fancy in here. A Desk, book shelf, chair, and in wall gun safe sitting on a built in cabinet for the base. Wall trim is white.

I have 3 whitetail shoulder mounts, a turkey fan mount, blue wildebeest rug, kudu pedestal mount, gemsbok pedestal mount, impala skull mount, and blue wildebeest skull mount. (African trophies are set to arrive in a couple of weeks)

Looking for a good paint color to accentuate the animals?

You guys have any good recommendations?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a game room that had knotty pine on 3 walls with an off white accent wall. When it began to fill up, I knocked out the 2nd door and built a small, 10x12 foot extension along the accent wall. I then painted the accent wall and the extension in a light shade of green. This really accentuated my mounts and made the room look much nicer. There are lots of colors out there, so get out and look at some, and you should be able to find something that appeals to you. Good luck.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Off-white is right. Room lighting is far more important to how your mounts "show up".

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Dunn Edwards brand, color Solar Wind. It's a yellow color and will make your trophies and wood work stand out. The yellow color is very warm and not bright and stark like white. It's not too dark either. Darker colors will make your room feel and look smaller. Leave the ceiling white and it will make the room feel bigger and lighten up the room as well. I've gotten a lot of great comments on the color and how it make the safari room feel. Good luck!

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Agree on yellow color. I have "wheatgrass" and makes trophies and wood pop without that sterile white look.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't tell you the title off of the top of my head, but a few years ago there was a similar thread right here and a number of folks were nice enough to submit pictures. Take a look if you can find it. Those pictures helped me out nicely and certainly let me know right away what I DIDN't like. Personally, although I have seen a variety of colors work nicely that I would not have expected, and even some nice pattered wall papers, I personally find that somewhere in the brown family is by far the nicest direction to go. That actually encompasses quite a spectrum of options. At present I have items in a room that is medium brown with a subtle gold overtone, several mounts on a brown that is medium in intensity and has a subtle purple in it that changes with the light, and most things against a color of brown that is more or less a " tan or sand" color or a little darker. Browns to me are the warmest and most complimentary color for heads and the greens,blues,reds just don't make any sense with this genre of decoration (to my eye). I don't mean to offend anyone, as we all know "a chacon son gout".

sg

Posts: 29 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dead Eye
posted Hide Post
Brown. With white trim

Posts: 395 | Location: Canada | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to white as my game room is in the lower part of a split level. It brightens the room as well as accents the animals. [IMG:left] [/IMG]

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deadeye, where did you get all those awesome mulies?