THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Northeast PA Taxidermist??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northeast PA Taxidermist??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be hunting in Africa in May of 2003 and am looking for a Taxidermist in the area. Any information will help, thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how NE you are in PA but Bob Vitro near Middletown,NY is very experienced in African Game.

[ 10-17-2002, 00:09: Message edited by: KevinNY ]

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
<GeorgeInNePa>
posted
Africa in 03,
Try:
http://www.mistymountainstudios.com/

I'm also looking into a guy in Scott Township. He did a deer mount for my father. My old man says he had lots of pics of African game he mounted.

Where in Pa. are you? I'm near Elk Mountain in Union Dale.

one of us
posted Hide Post
George,

Clifton Township, about 15 miles outside of Scranton.

Misty Mountain is pretty close to where I'm at, thanks for the information I'll check them out. Let me know how the taxidermist in Scott Township is.

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Keller Taxidermy in Benton,Pa.does excellent work. He has done several heads of African game for me, and I was totally satisfied. He also did so African heads for a friend of mine from Hunlock Creek, and my friend was happy as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Africa 03

Shawn Lamparter's Wildlife Design
PO Box 197, Gouldsboro, PA 18424
Phone # 570-842-1938
sblamparter@yahoo.com

Brand new shop, starting his own business,does very good work.

Shawn was the Master African Taxidermist at Wildlife Expressions in the Poconos. He did all the African Mounts for them.

I have talked to Shawn and he will probably be doing my five african mounts coming back from Africa in a few months. Plus 10 more from my buddies.

Drop him a line if you are interested

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
kinda off the subject but what kind of money do ya need to hunt africa....I mean including flight tips the whole nine yards?
I'm in Lancaster Pa .....but was just up your way in Nanticoke to pick up a new gun...got a hell of a good deal I think. [Big Grin]

[ 10-25-2002, 22:34: Message edited by: lofter ]

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lofter,
If you search you should be able to find a 7 day huhnt package with several animals for under $4000 easily.
I know of 1 for Bowhunters for 1 hunter & 1 non-hunter for Kudu,Impala and Warthog for 2999 plus airfare and $200 transportation form the nearist airport.

I paid $1500 per person for round trip airfare from Columbus Ohio this past June-July which was Peak travel season.

Including tips and other things not including shipping your trophies $8000 should get 2 of you over for 7 hunting days. IF you shop around there are ways of coming in cheaper.

Hope this helps

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote