Find
Notify
Tools

Fish Replicas?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Who do you recommend for realistic saltwater fish replicas? To me, King Sailfish Mounts look phony.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
Not Grey's Taxidermy! I like my mount, but what a headache to get it!

King Sailfish is top notch. What about them do you not like?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Check out Advanced Taxidermy in Canada... at one time they were doing all the fish replicas for Cabela's. I have had them do a rainbow trout and coho for me and was very pleased.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7503 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
That's it, that is the name of the Taxidermist I was looking for. Thanks! The work they displayed at DSC was stellar.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote