New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah Charging Credit Cards Now
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just hit for my Pauns muzzy deer tag. Only 24 years of waiting!!!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Blank,
As you know, it should be worth the wait.
Best of luck to you!

My bro is in the running for a desert sheep tag this year. Nothing has hit the cards yet, however.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dad and I just put in for sheep, no hits yet but that could be because we didn't draw (I know shocker not drawing one of the hardest to draw tags in North America).

Some guys have drawn some great deer tags though. Congratulations to Mr. Blank!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Just hit for my Pauns muzzy deer tag. Only 24 years of waiting!!!

Wow! What a tag to have!

Congrat's Blank!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No hits yet.

Thanks Blank, my day will be spent checking for hits Smiler

21 sheep points will likely not get it done!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not quite, Jason, but if you had just 3 more little points, it would change the whole trajectory of the sheep draw for you.

The CC hits are not done but probably will be by week's end. A few years ago, my daughter drew a desert sheep tag and was probably the LAST one in the State to get a hit on her credit card. Almost a week later than everyone else.
When my son drew, his card was hit in the first wave.
Good times.... if one draws. Looking forward to next year's drawing for most of us.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeke:

A big ‘Un’ fir me.

What makes me sick is that I switched to applying for bison (I believe 2 years) them went back to sheep. It was not my brightest moment.

Theee are 2 units I could possibly draw next year with my points. However, they are extreme tough units to unit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Zeke:

A big ‘Un’ fir me.

What makes me sick is that I switched to applying for bison (I believe 2 years) them went back to sheep. It was not my brightest moment.

Theee are 2 units I could possibly draw next year with my points. However, they are extreme tough units to unit.

Best of luck next year! Bro is in about the same boat and "should have" drawn this year but we ran into unit-jumpers. haha

Reach out if/when you draw since I've hunted with friends & family in 6-7 different units and I might have a starting place for you.

We ARE hunting sheep this year with my cousin on the same unit my daughter drew in about 10 years ago. We've already been finding good rams there this year.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Zeke. I will.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
quote:

Not quite, Jason, but if you had just 3 more little points, it would change the whole trajectory of the sheep draw for you.

The CC hits are not done but probably will be by week's end. A few years ago, my daughter drew a desert sheep tag and was probably the LAST one in the State to get a hit on her credit card. Almost a week later than everyone else.
When my son drew, his card was hit in the first wave.
Good times.... if one draws. Looking forward to next year's drawing for most of us.

Zeke

Because of point creep 2-3 points is probably more likely 6-8 points.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh that's so true about point creep.
I was just suggesting that if he had 3 little point more RIGHT NOW, it would change his trajectory in the draw.
21 is getting there, however. Jason will draw sooner than later if he doesn't get too picky on the unit. In Utah especially, some units produce bigger rams than others but even in the "lesser" units, an old ram is still cool.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watch the points and although I believe I can draw a “lesser” unit, who knows.

My dad was supposed oh supposedly going to be in the max point pool this year, for bison. Then, the DWR announced a 50% tag increase for bison. We thought it was a sure thing.

He was just sent unsuccessful.