Find
Notify
Tools

SONORA MEXICO PICS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
Since the Muley Crazy issue of Muley Crazy is out I decided to post a few pictures.
The first group of pictures that I am going to post is of a group of guys from California. These guys are like extended family to me. I have been hunting with them for almost 15 years and we have made some awesome hunting memories. None better than this past January when everybody in the group was able to harvest their largest mule deer.

I will add a few pictures to this post as we go or as I have time so stop back in and check it out from time to time. Also, if you have not subscribed to Muley Crazy magazine yet you need to do so, these pictures are just a small sample of what your missing out on.

www.muleycrazy.com

Drummond

The first group of photos are from California, Bobby Samuelson of Chowchilla took this deer. This buck grosses just over 200", he is a SLUG!

The second buck is Vince Martinazzis buck. We killed this deer the day before Bobby and Vernon arrived in Sonora. He grosses 207" and nets 196" even with a short G2. We had seen this buck the night before we took him but only got glimpses of him. It was a long night waiting for morning...

This last buck was taken by Vernon Martinazzi. Vernon is Vinces father and has been taking his boys hunting their whole lives. The article in Muley Crazy was a tribute to Vernon for all he has done over the years. I hope I am as enthusiastic about buck hunting as Vernon when I get to be his age. Any hunt with Vernon is a blast. Here is his 32" wide 193" deer.

Here is a picture of the group of 5 from California with their 7 bucks. I know they can be hard to see in the pic but check back and I'll have more pictures posted later.

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I would call that a sucessful outing.

Great Pics!
Big Grin cheers

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We killed some giants this year, I will post more pics on this thread later. Some will blow your mind...

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HOLY BUCK HORNS BATMAN!!!

Those are some FANTASTIC deer. I would love to hunt that ranch. Could you send me a PM with some details!

Thanks

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That ranch is completely booked as far as I can see into the future. The guys that hunted it have rebooked every spot. The guys that have hunted it in the past and have gotten off are kicking themselves and have had me put them on a list for the future. We have killed some GIANTS on that place. I will post more pics later of more giant bucks...

Drummond

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Geez..why are all of the racks so small? bewildered Just kidding...a few AWESOME Mule deer! What a hunt!

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Those pictures should shut a few people up!!!
I cannot wait until December. Adios,
Kevin

Posts: 10 | Location: Clint, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow! Now that right there is some fine deer! Congrats!

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BIG MONEY

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent deer!!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeeze: those look like the kind of mulies which use to grace the pages of Outdoor Life in the early 1960s. Very, very impressive indeed. I only hope that with classic deer like those, someone in your group used a classic 7x57mm to take the animal. Anywho, way to go ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was able to photograph two bucks getting after it this year. I have seen this quite often in Sonora but have never had the opportunity to get it on film. I love these pictures and I will always remember this fight even though the deer were not huge. I thought that you guys would like to see them.

Hope you guys like them...

Drum

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Great bucks and great pictures -- thanks!

Now quit holding out on us and post the rest... shame

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I simply can't find the words...

Very nice!!!!

....and thanks for posting. Wish you were taking on new clients.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am having to upload these pics as I go, thats why they are coming in increments. Here are a few more pics with more to follow.

Paul Vial killed this deer with us this year, he is 36" wide outside and grosses over 200". THis is one of my favorite looking deer, I really like the matching cheaters.

And here are a couple more deer that our clients took this season, the first buck grosses 185" and the second bucks is 192"

I will try and get more pics up later

Drummond

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Drummond- Those are AWESOME!

You were holding out on me! rotflmo

Just kidding....

Thanks again for the other photos as well!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IV, I guess I was holding the fight pics until after they went into Muley Crazy. Ryans my friend and I promised them to him first Big Grin

Here are a few scenery shots

And a few Coues Deer. They go 119" and 130". They are a couple of GIANTS!

Also, I am holding out a couple of HUGE mule deer for you guys, all will go over 200" and are in the mid 30's in width. I'll post them later.

Drum

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Also, I am holding out a couple of HUGE mule deer for you guys, all will go over 200" and are in the mid 30's in width. I'll post them later.

Drum

Get with the program!

Just kidding -- thanks for the pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drummond,

Absolutely amazing deer. Thanks for posting the pics.

All of these are from this year's season? Where in Mexico do you find these whoppers? How big is the ranch? Is the hunting spot and stalk? I would love more details.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drum,you weren't kidding when you told me the other day on the phone that ya'll took a few good ones off of the ranch last season!! And those coues are AWESOME! I need to get my butt down there one of these days with ya. I talked to Kev today ( I was in El Paso) and he told me about his upcoming Sonora trip. Lucky devil always slides by!!
Do you know any properties down there that have a good pop. of Gould's turkeys on it? i have been thinking about doing that hunt this next spring if I can find the right ranch with plenty of birds.. Give me a ring when ya get a chance and let me know if ya have any ideas. Laters bro...
(1 more month till I'm off to Africa again for 2 weeks! talk about pumped, bro!! )

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drummond,
Fantastic pictures!!!
Thanks for posting!

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The muleys are nice but the coues are exceptional.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking Coues deer
Thanks for sharing photos beer

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow Drum, those coues bucks are CRAZY BIG. By the way, I'm still waiting on my 8X10 of that Muley. Adios,
Kevin

Posts: 10 | Location: Clint, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Damn nice deer!!!!!!!!! Both the Mulies and the Coues!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I wont make anybody wait any longer to see the rest of the pictures. These are the last three. The first two pictures are of bucks that we took on the ranches that I lease. The last picture is of a buck killed on a ranch that is not one of mine but I booked the hunter in the pic with the outfitter. In fact, I have spent a lot of time on this particular ranch and one of the largest typicals I have ever seen was on his ranch. High 30's and would have easily gone into the two-teens, and possibly larger. The owner of the ranch is a very dear friend.

This buck is 34" wide and grosses 215" gross. We killed him in the first week of January.

We also killed this deer in the first week of January. He is 35" wide and grosses 210"

I will post the last picture later, I need to upload it.

Drum

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You are a mean person. You know I can't afford this, right?

Drum, those are some incredible deer. Absolutely incredible.

Thanks for posting them.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
how much would a Coues or Muley hunt cost in these areas? When is the season?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry that I have not posted the last picture, I cannot get my computer screen to come back on for my personal computer and thats the computer that I have the pictures stored on. I will work on ot tomorrow and see what I can do.

The hunts in Sonora can range from $3500 for a Coues hunt to $10000 plus for a Mule Deer hunt. I would say that avg is $8500 for muleys.

This last pic is unreal, the deer is a basic 3x3 that grosses over 200" and is 36" wide. Like I said, I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Drum

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The season runs from the last weekend in Nov to the last weekend in Jan. They are rutting in January but early December can be a great time to get in early and surprise a giant buck

Drum

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking bucks drummond! I got my issue of MuleyCrazy and have to agree there are some huge deer taken down there. Maybe some year Smiler
Thank you for the photos

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CLIFT
posted Hide Post
Drummond,
Those are some Great Bucks! I need to talk to you about a coues deeer hunt, pm me if you have something I would be interested in.

Posts: 76 | Location: WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw two whitetail bucks fight like that when I was a kid hunting on a family ranch in Texas. My heart still beats fast when I think about it.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard