Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Antelope hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Thought I'd post some pictures of our Antelope success. A real good friend of mine who posts on here as "Taylorce" set us up with a great property to hunt and we made the best of it. We started off by filling our doe tags on opening day my son made a clean 1 shot kill at 260 yards with his Ruger M77 in .284 Win using Speer 130 grain bullets clocked at 3125 fps. Perfect shot and she fell right there. After the shot the other does calmed a bit and I took one with my .257 Roberts. About a mile away my friend Bruce filled his buck tag with a clean 150 yard shot and turned right around and got a Coyote too. Later in the morning my brother made a clean 200 yard shot on his doe and we were filled for does. Came back on Sunday looking for Bucks but no takers so today (Tuesday) we headed back out and ran into a couple after some long walks and stalks and were able to fill our buck tags. My buddy who got us on the property also filled his doe tag. Here are a couple buck pictures, first 2 pictures are me and a goat, second 2 are my brother with his.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic goats!!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time was had by all.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad you guys decided to go out today. Gave me the chance to play hooky from work and fill my doe tag. Great hanging out with you today!

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
nice speedgoats! can't wait until i can get after them!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
speedgoats,sunshine and friends
you folks are rich in my book,congrats

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Goats!! Hey man, I will be out by Eads for the next 10 days, call my cell phone at 303-619-2872.

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Nice to see you got the buck tags filled. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story in the next couple weeks.

Cheers,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Good job!!

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wyoming in the fall, antelope, coyotes, kids hunting. Man what a time. The real icing on the cake is .257 Roberts and .284 Win, it just gets no better than this. Dr.C

At Home on the Range-Texas Panhandle

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey doccash the .284 of my sons is a special rifle indeed, it is an early Ruger M77 flat bolt that my dad bought new when they first came out, my brothers and I all killed a deer or two with it and it got passed to my son who now has taken 2 antelope a buck mule deer and a Bull elk. My .257 Roberts has been a Coyote and Antelope killin machine since I got it put together and is so accurate and fun to shoot I'll probably use it on all my other hunts this fall.
Thanks to all of you for the nice comments, the top antelope measured 14 1/2" and my brothers was in the high 13's. My brother headed to Wyoming the morning after our hunt and called me with an update today having shot a 15 3/4" buck at about 150 yards this morning.
Thanks again for the nice comments.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
What county were you hunting in? I grew up South of Las Animas in Bent county. There is some good hunting in the plains! Congrats on a great hunt!

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Lincoln County. The plains are always decieving to people who don't spend much time there. At first glance they look lifeless and boring but a quick look around and you can tell they are teaming with life, the desert is very similar.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fun stuff man, fun stuff. Nice bucks to boot--Congrats!
I really missed not getting to go this year, hopefully the new year will bring employment and the little extra to allow going out west to chase em again!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice antelope, and a treat to be able to hunt with your brother. Hey how's come no white stuff on the ground? THis year is the fisrt time in my life, that I have had to hunt antelope in the snow.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey kudu
There is white stuff on the ground now but we got the Antelope hunt done before it hit, my brother got his Wyoming antelope in a bit of snow though.
It is a treat to hunt with family for sure. Every year I try to put 1 or 2 hunts together with my brother and my oldest son (15) in a few years my youngest son will be on those hunts too. I can't wait for that but it will make drawing tags together that much harder.
Good luck to all of you on your fall hunts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Thought I'd post some pictures of our Antelope success. A real good friend of mine who posts on here as "Taylorce" set us up with a great property to hunt and we made the best of it. We started off by filling our doe tags on opening day my son made a clean 1 shot kill at 260 yards with his Ruger M77 in .284 Win using Speer 130 grain bullets clocked at 3125 fps. Perfect shot and she fell right there. After the shot the other does calmed a bit and I took one with my .257 Roberts. About a mile away my friend Bruce filled his buck tag with a clean 150 yard shot and turned right around and got a Coyote too. Later in the morning my brother made a clean 200 yard shot on his doe and we were filled for does. Came back on Sunday looking for Bucks but no takers so today (Tuesday) we headed back out and ran into a couple after some long walks and stalks and were able to fill our buck tags. My buddy who got us on the property also filled his doe tag. Here are a couple buck pictures, first 2 pictures are me and a goat, second 2 are my brother with his.

AWESOME!!!
Kudos are in order for both of you guys!! Those are EXCELLENT Lopes...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speakin' about that white stuff...
Yesterday, I was out side of the garage, in my car, engine running, testing out a new 12 volt coffee maker..(I got my priorites right..LOL), when I looked outside and said, Hey, what's that white shit on the hood of my Jeep.. Big Grin