Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff TRIAS S, any information?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all.

Hope some here can help me with some information.

I am looking at a drilling from Krieghoff, model TRIAS S. But, that model is a mystery one...I am not able to find out so much about it.
Was it a Neptune with a different name?

All information is welcome.

Thank you for looking.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
All info that i can find says this is a Bock drilling or over under configuration. Not sure if that is relevant to your inquiry, bu tthe dopple bock or side by side drilling is the more popular configuration.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi.

Yes, it is a Bockdrilling, 16-70, 7*65R and 5.6*50R.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it a Neptune with a different name?

No..I believe its Krieghoff's name for a DB drilling with two different calibers. The ones I have seen were finished at a very high level, easily the equal of a Neptune.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a so called Bockdrilling. Combination of shotgun, large calibre and small calibre (in most cases 22 Hornet). Barrels are soldered so a challenge to regulate and they came with a large supply of ammunition. Definitely one to to shoot on the range before buying used. The few ones I saw were very nicely made.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information.
So, Trias was a bockdrilling "only"?
Interesting. Never seen the Trias in any catalog, was it a made on order only gun?

These on has a very high finish.
Interesting to take it to the range. If it is accurate, it is a true hunting tool, all in one gun.

Have a good day.