THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Sellier & Bellot 5.6X50R Ammo Available in the US.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sellier & Bellot 5.6X50R Ammo Available in the US.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Some time ago I campaigned to S&B USA to bring in this caliber. They have been making it for European sales for some time. It’s about half the cost of RWS ammo, the only other US source for this caliber. The cartridge is a rimmed version of the 222 Rem Magnum and propels a 50 grain bullet at 3450 FPS. It’s a nice turkey, Varmint and small deer round and is especially useful in a break open gun because of the rim. I just bought 20 boxes from SGammo.com.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 5.6x50R is a dandy little cartridge. Thanks for the heads up...hard to find here in the US. Could be wrong but I think the dimensions on this brass are different than the 222 Rem mag...touch longer if I remember. Great little caliber on predators.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure but I believe the 5.6X50R was used to make a longer .357 Max case by blowing it out to hold more powder? A gunsmith with the last name of White was using it with great results.

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guy's got me thinking about stretching out the Max again with a longer case. Anyone know where one can get new unfired 5.6X50R cases?

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New England Custom Guns has RWS Brass. About $45 a box.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Midwayusa has the S&B 5.6x50R on sale, $17.50 per box of 20

Posts: 36 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$17.50 is a deal!!

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

CISSP, CISA, CRISC looking for a IT Security/Audit Manager spot