New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norwegian Krag Sporter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having built countless Mauser, Springfield and Winchester sporters I am having fun working on a project Norwegian 1894 which I am rebarreling to .243 Win.(low dose) utilizing a Bohler Stahl 22" barrel produced by D.M.H, Kufstein, Austria sometime in the '50s. Now looking for someone to turn the blank who has the pattern for a Norwegian Krag. I know of one company in California but not pleased with product or workmanship from a previous project. Any suggestions on who would have pattern. Also would like to find a Rice bolt peep sight for same.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
disassembly,
I can't help you find what you are looking for but if you find more than one Rice peep sight I need one too. Or if you find one that isn't as nice as what you are needing please let me know.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's a very cool project. I was just re-reading Frank DeHaas' chapter on the Krags, and why the Norwegian was safer than ours.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have Krag barrels if the Norwegian ones are the same contour as the US.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I have Krag barrels if the Norwegian ones are the same contour as the US.
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. What I need is someone to turn the stock blank.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I understand what you want; I am saying that I know the dimensions, if they are the same as a US Krag, and I can turn the barrel to match. When I get time; this fall.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand what you want; I am saying that I know the dimensions, if they are the same as a US Krag, and I can turn the barrel to match. When I get time; this fall.
Forget about the barrel, it is not the same dimensions as the US Krag. I do not know if the action is the same dimensions as the US Krag. FORGET about the US Krag. I am looking for someone to turn a stock blank with a 1/2" barrel channel for my Norwegian Krag.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Oops; got it now. I am really going to have to start reading the original posts before answering, but it is more fun this way. A Krag stock pattern, I do not have.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oops; got it now. I am really going to have to start reading the original posts before answering, but it is more fun this way. A Krag stock pattern, I do not have.
Thank GOD and pass the bourbon.