Find
Notify
Tools

bit of stockwork...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
With spring here and warmer days, more light in the afternoons ( and daylight saving ) I'm finally getting a chance to finish some of my stock templates for the pantograph......

The first is the stock for the 35 Carcano ( also in the wildcat forum ), using the original sporterised stock it came with, adding a few bits, and coming up with a reasonable sporter stock.

....then a couple more, one for a 20" Mosin Nagant and a full wood for the 6.5x54 MS Carcano ( made from the original military stock and some bits from a .22 stock.)

I find it easier to add bits to get what I want than to remove bits from a lump of wood. Being a fabricator/welder that's how I work in steel Smiler

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in that scope mount mate. Can you provide some details and a few photos?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
It's An Australian made " FIELD " brand side mount that was on the rifle when I bought it.

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats interesting. I'll look into it or something similar.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote