Find
Notify
Tools

In progress....still!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
A couple of my ( still ) in progress jobs....a Siamese in 405 Grenadier and a Westinghouse Mosin....

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love to see how they are coming along.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Sorry, not a lot yet.....Christmas, back to work, too many other projects.....

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....but I did find out a couple of useful things.

A Burris scope base for a Remington 600 and a Lynx Optics base for a Mannlicher Schoenauer will fit on both the Portuguese Vergueiro and the 6.5 Carcano. They make very neat cantilever type mounts to use on these split bridge rifles.

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had another Siamese Mauser built in 45-70 late last year. Not very familiar with the 405 Grenadier.

What’s your plans on the Mosin? Is it still 7.62x54R?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just did some research on the 405 Grenadier. I like the looks of it in both the Mosin and the Siamese action. I assume you are doing your Mosin on the 405 also.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com...at.php?Number=296402

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
No, the Mosin will stay in 7.62x54r, with 200 grainers its a great round for pigs. I just picked up a modern version of a PU scope for it, so we'll see how that goes!

Roger