Find
Notify
Tools

Question SMLE Scope Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
I have this rifle (SMLE No 4 Mk 1) but have no idea what scope mount it is drilled and tapped for . . . anyone know what scope base this might have been drilled and tapped to accommodate? Thanks!

Mike

Posts: 21092 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . maybe a Weaver Side Mount Base #1 (hole spacing is approximately .720/1.660/.720)?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are all the holes drilled ? The one nearest the receiver ring looks odd , could be just the angle . I agree it looks to be a weaver .
The weaver is a 2 piece set up , the receiver mount ( base ) and either a long or short side mount ring set is available . Tasco also made a side mount similar to the weaver but not interchangable.

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Yes, all four holes are drilled and tapped. The size is 8-40. I sure think it may be a Weaver set up. Tried to Google what size screws Weaver uses on it side mount bases but could not find anything.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The mount was in fact a Weaver side mount. I have never used a Weaver side mount before, it is actually a pretty nice set up. It allows you to use the iron sights but is not as high as most see-through rings I have seen. Now time for a range trip.

Mike