THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    anyone have a Rem 750 woodsmaster?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone have a Rem 750 woodsmaster?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd just like to here some opinions on this rifle. I'm interested in one in the 35 whelen caliber

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow, no one. I would have thought some one would have tryed it in the 35 whelen

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a 750 for nearly 2 years. Mine has the 22" barrel and has proved to be very reliable. It has digested several hundred handloads, and shoots most bullets with decent accuracy, occasional 1.5" groups, but 2 to 2.5 are more common. It has handled some warm loads without problems of any nature. Most consistent bullet, so far, has been the 225 gr Partition. Recently did a rundown with several round nose bullets, and all shot ok except Rem. 200 gr. Planning on using it in the woods for whitetail in 3 weeks.
Extremely easy gun to shoot with low recoil due to comb. of action, weight, & the nifty recoil pad. Trigger could be better. I like the rifle.
I have had a Whelen since the late 80's and have been absolutely delighted with its performance on game.

Posts: 44 | Location: Finger Lakes NY | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote