THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Anyone with experience with the 9.3, 286 gr Banded Solid FP

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with experience with the 9.3, 286 gr Banded Solid FP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted
I have a 9.3×64 Brenneke and can push them at around 2650 fps. Has anyone used them on heavy game . How well did they penetrate? My rifle has a 12" twist.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If your referring to GS Customs or North Fork banded flat point solids, Ive shot a lot of Cape Buffalo, some PG for the pot, A Hippo, and one elephant with them, plus some other stuff I don't recall off hand...Bottom line is the kill better than RN, and as far as I can tell the drive in a straight line and the few Ive recovered showed some slight mushrooming on occasion but they all performed as advertised, maybe better...I begged the bullet companies for years to make a flat nose bullet for the big bores but to no avail, I felt they would work as well in big bore rifles as they did in Elmers handguns. They told me flat nose solids were unneeded until I found GS Customs and North fork, they listened and we were on the same track...I got to test them in the field and never looked back, and of course all the other nay sayer companies jumped on the band wagon. I remember the lovly Mrs. Connie Barnes told me that was ridiculas, they simply wouldn't sell. She had a way about her! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41840 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote