THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Remington contol round feed rifle??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington contol round feed rifle??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just saw a Remington ad briefly and thought it said something about a new crf rifle? Didn't catch the Model number or what it was chambered for. Ad stated, something like, "safari type rifle for a deer hunting price". Can anyone fill me in on this one? Thanks.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
probably the 798,a mauser 98 with the remington name.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They are the Zastava (Czech) made Mauser 98 copies marketed under the Charles Daly for the last few years.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zastava is in Yugoslavia, not Czech Republic. Wink

As stated above, Zastava rifles were once imported by Interarms, then Charles Daly, now Remington.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Just saw a Remington ad briefly and thought it said something about a new crf rifle? Didn't catch the Model number or what it was chambered for. Ad stated, something like, "safari type rifle for a deer hunting price". Can anyone fill me in on this one? Thanks.

Larry Sellers

Larry, it is almost a M98 mauser with a Yugoslavian commercial bolt shroud and a side safety-essentially a Mark X Mauser with a Remington-made barrel and stock. Resembles the Chas. Dalys that were recently being imported. Probably the best of the "Remington" rifles these days!!

(Many years ago, I did some trout fishing in the Jemez River, not far from Battleship Rock & Cruiser Rock. Fabulous country you have there. NM is the coolest of the lower 48 states!) Larry Lyons

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About time...Long live the Mauser. Only a Liberal Democrat would shoot a Rem. 700! sofa jumping

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote