THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    7mm-08 or .270 Win for whitetails
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm-08 or .270 Win for whitetails
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yessir, that is a fine looking rifle. How does it shoot?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better than it looks. Lilja #6 at 22". 28MOA to 1K,supersonic to 1500yds+.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Busheler:
A tastefully sculpted and under the radar 7-08,is the sorta thing Critters eagerly race to stand in front of.

I recognize the rifle type, turrents, moly bullets and verbage..
You are going to have fun here.. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have fun everywhere. You seen this one yet?

Cracked myself up on that one,though it did make for a nice Trophy pic for a pard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I haven't seen that one..
I like the grain.. Smiler
I took to painting my cooking kit yellow to prevent loss but haven't gone that far yet... hilbily
Nice Bear..
7-08?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
POS FN SPRA1 308/155 Scenar's...and I HATE 308's.

Daughter is on a purple kick,though such things don't slow results.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
308 LOL
A short comment to the last 708/308 discussion was just brought up yesterday over there.
So it is not forgotten..
Your daughters rifle is perfect.. We are having a hard time getting Ti stocks since the farking U.S. commence dept. just recently slapped another lic. fee on those who export their products from the states..
I need one for my 22-250..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting on another 1-7" Mike Rock .224" tube and will likely go another 22-250AI and in the Faux Ti Theme.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a NIB SPS that I got a good deal on spring of 2009.. Bought some 53TSX last trip to town and sure wish I had painted the box like your friends rifle as they are no where to be found..
I figured if/when (old may not out last this new factory barrel) I go to a new tube I would go 1:8 so I am wondering what you are going to shoot that needs a 1:7..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
8" is where it's at,though my 1-9" Hart 22-250AI capably handles all 75's. My 1-7.7" Kreiger chambered same,doesn't do anything different.

Scored the 7" Rock blank for 200 clams and couldn't pass,though I'd much prefer a 3-grooved PN 1-8".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since I am just getting started on the 7-08 loading what is your favorite powders and bullet for that round?.. Temps above +5*F and 300 would be a long shot.
Deer, elk, and long yearling moose unless I draw a big bull.
I was thinking 140 TSX's after I got the 139 Hornadys shooting..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly a 120TSX Slut,though I've a herd of 140XLC's salted away for one tube in particular. The 120X/V-Max melding is magical in it's utility.

'15 is your Huckleberry,no matter the bullet style/weight.

I've only seen one 120TSX stay inside a Moose,outta (6) victims.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I am loaded up on 140TSX's with but one box of 120's.. I'll try the 140's in the 7saum and leave the heavies for my long throated 7X57's which are doing fine there already..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 7Shamwow see's alotta 120's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't hear you.. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Low wall,
You might not, but 170 posts in 13 hours, someone has bound to have heard him!
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Low wall,
GWB

I was referring to the using of 140gr. TSX in the 7saum with the "I can't hear you remark"..
And yes I figured the knives will soon be coming out.. Your post confirms that..
I for one welcome new ideas or a different approach to the same ole same ole..
The most interesting thread here at AR is michael458's Terminal Bullet Performance thread because he is educating people on a different and better way of doing something.. He took a lot of flack from those rooted in the past but there are more people that come here learn than there are people who are stuck in their self importance.. michael458's won out because he could defend his position while his distractors couldn't defend theirs .. So we moved forward..
I would hope those with the knives would reconsider, but they won't as that would go against human nature..

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Mr. B:

How about resizing your photos to no wider than 640 pixels before posting them and stretching out the page.

Thanks..........

LW-My 7mm-08 likes either 46.5 grs. of Big Game or 42.0 grs. of RL-15 using Win. brass and CCI BR-2 primers with the 140 gr. TSX's. It likes 41.9 grs. of TAC with the 120 gr. TTSX's. All three shoot sub-moa in my '08.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LW

Cool yer' jets there LW. I think you prejudge me. I in no way meant to denigrate Busheler. I think you would admit though that 170 posts in 13 hours is a herculean effort. How, when and where is his call, not mine. I'm always open to learn.

As to the 7mm-08, of the 7 different 7mm chamberings I have loaded for/killed with, I've probably taken more game with the 7mm-08. Low recoil, kills stuff DRT.

140 gr. TSX's are good

have since settled on 43 gr. of H414 and
140 gr Nosler Accubonds as my standard bearer.

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, no love for 270's.

I am curious to see what 110 TTSX's are capable of.........

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Low wall,
GWB

Geedubya,

Print the pages,you'll learn sumptin'.

Feel free to thank me later.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Low Wall:
quote:
Low wall,
GWB

I was referring to the using of 140gr. TSX in the 7saum with the "I can't hear you remark"..
And yes I figured the knives will soon be coming out.. Your post confirms that..
I for one welcome new ideas or a different approach to the same ole same ole..
The most interesting thread here at AR is michael458's Terminal Bullet Performance thread because he is educating people on a different and better way of doing something.. He took a lot of flack from those rooted in the past but there are more people that come here learn than there are people who are stuck in their self importance.. michael458's won out because he could defend his position while his distractors couldn't defend theirs .. So we moved forward..
I would hope those with the knives would reconsider, but they won't as that would go against human nature..

I'm a sucker for the 120X/V-Max swapaloo combo configuration,in that POI intersects exceptionally well in all my 7mm's,which would be a bunch more than quite a few. The 140X is splendid,but I shoot in a volume that is commensurate with often keeping a "play" bullet on the field,that dupes a "tag" bullet's flight characteristics. Thus the 120/120 affliction.

Launching the 162 expressly in the Shamwow,opens alotta windows too. It is sinister in slipping atmospheric conditions and simply POUNDS things downrange. Tough not to love that.

Back to the 120's at 3350fps in a 22",it's easy on the kids,in that my 9yr old has zero qualm...which is another step in a very right direction.

Lots of ways to skin a cat,but I always start at the asshole.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:
Mr. B:

How about resizing your photos to no wider than 640 pixels before posting them and stretching out the page.

Thanks..........

LW-My 7mm-08 likes either 46.5 grs. of Big Game or 42.0 grs. of RL-15 using Win. brass and CCI BR-2 primers with the 140 gr. TSX's. It likes 41.9 grs. of TAC with the 120 gr. TTSX's. All three shoot sub-moa in my '08.

Bob

Bob,

Feel free to scroll past. Next you'll be wanting me to make the Fish/Critters look smaller,so your tender feelers don't get hurt.

Ain't happenin'...deal with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Busheler, don't channel Leonardo Da Vinci,
I learn sumpin' new every day, thank you. As to printing the pages, that's old school. A terrabyte of external storage and cloud storage work just fine. Dropbox and cloud storage don't have to be shelved or carried in a "possibles' sack and can be accessed anywhere you've got an internet connection.
Best
GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Busheler, don't channel Leonardo Da Vinci,
I learn sumpin' new every day, thank you. As to printing the pages, that's old school. A terrabyte of external storage and cloud storage work just fine. Dropbox and cloud storage don't have to be shelved or carried in a "possibles' sack and can be accessed anywhere you've got an internet connection.
Best
GWB

Perhaps convert same to an audio file and sleep with the headphones on. Will happily monitor your progress.

Likely a pun intended.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
B

better bring a lunch,
you'll be busy
GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Laughing hysterically,do tend to fuel an appetite.

Your crossed eyes really reveal much,as do the spittle running down your chin.

Congratulations?!!?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
unlike you it's not a family trait, its merely youthful exuberance on my part.
Best
GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sugarcoat the plight in whichever manner most coddles your feelers.

It's your story...run with it.

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobra:
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
It would make as much difference as if you drove a Ford or a Chevy to do the hunt.

465H&H

I drive a Ford to the hunt with my 7mm-08. sofa Big Grin Big Grin

shame Yer not supposed to shoot from the truck.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friends don't let friends...drive Fords.(grin)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pardon the lack of 4-wheelers,haybales and the other typical Bubba riggin'...as I'm a fan of the arduous implementation of copious boot leather and Wild Critters.

My favorite 7-08 of All Time,1st Generation 700 Ti. 120TSX exit shown.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And because someone said sumptin' about blades and Poor Old Bob needs a pixel fix.

One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
quote:
Originally posted by cobra:
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
It would make as much difference as if you drove a Ford or a Chevy to do the hunt.

465H&H

I drive a Ford to the hunt with my 7mm-08. sofa Big Grin Big Grin

shame Yer not supposed to shoot from the truck.

Oh great..........now you tell me. stir jumping stir

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Form meets function.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, ride a unicycle if it gets you there, just don't ride a jackass unless you attach a lantern to his tale, others might not be able to tell the difference.

As to Fords, mine has always gotten my friends there and back again for close to 350,000 miles, and still be strokin' (some of us aren't super novas, but have staying power)

And as to blades, well I've known a few of them also.

PS. You got some mighty fine pix and country

One of Us
posted Hide Post
C'mon...at least TRY To keep pace!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More 7-08 120TSX action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
7-08/140XLC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another First Gen Ti 7-08 and the ubiquitous 120TSX.