THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    What's your favorite factory rifle?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite factory rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the title says "favorite", My 800 Mossberg in 22.250.

Posts: 15871 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HUNTING RIFLE:Looks-Winchester,accuracy-Winchester and Remington,feeding-Sako,extraction-Winchester,balance and pointability-Winchester,Quality-Winchester,resale value-Winchester,WINNER-Winchester(I have owned Sako,Steyr,CZ,Remington,Winchester,Browning)TARGET RIFLE:Remington 700

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Among American factory made rifles, a tie for me....the Winchester Pre-'64 Model 70 Target rifles, and the 1908 to 1940 Savage Model 99s. A very close third is the post war, pre-'64 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight series.

All pretty prosaic, but well thought out, well-built, and immenently useful for varmint and American "big game" hunting.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sako in general. I love my trg-42. I have looked at some sauers, they look real nice but i have not had the cnace to try them. So until the Sako it is

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing dancing Westley Richards. dancing dancing

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote