THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    How many use a 4x or 1.5x6, 2x7 for hunting?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many use a 4x or 1.5x6, 2x7 for hunting?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Mostly use 2x7 always carried on 2x

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sambar, keep in mind that you openned my mind to the centered reticle, enough so that I keep my bore sighter real handy..and secretly I have a few old scopes on hand that I play with..My junker 30-06 had a 2.5X Weaver on it, and the installer knew how to drill the holes to bore sight it dead center with the scope adjustments in the center of the focal plane, took me two clicks up and one click right to center with the side mount, the best of both worlds, and Im rebuilding the gun around that and that alone..that and it didn't sell!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As I've probably said, Ray, I curse that silly idea Kollmorgen and Weaver seemed to think up at the same time. (I'd be interested to know who got there first and how they divided the spoils - ie who did Lyman, Bushnell and eventually Leupold pay to use it?)

That said, I am most impressed with what Weaver achieved in 1947 with the K2.5. Though his crossed spiderwebs may have popped in your Idaho winters, the eye-relief flexibility and lack of tunnel vision in my Weaver put Nickel and Zeiss to shame.

As to selling your perfectly set up rifle, fashion and marketing are everything. I am constantly amazed that vinyl records are being made again. According the guy who invented Living Stereo said, vinyl has nothing on CDs. Reticle-movement scopes, on the other hand, are an idea worth going back to.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote