Re: 275 Rigby
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
/

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Alf, you're a cruel man to keep showing us those, lovely I think is the right term for both of them.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf,

Are you sure you don't work for a gun Muesum? In simple terms it amazes me what you pull out of your closets and safes. I guess that pic means you don't havwe a Jefferys squirelled away.

Whats the caliber on this one? Is it a 275 Rigby also? My next question on a serious note is did you get this in Africa or did you get them in England? And is that a canvas or a leaather case on the gun you showed?

Also can we see some close ups?

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your collection is awesome, I am truelly impressed when you can pull out not 1 but 2 Jeffreys.

I am impressed

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Yep, November 2004, American Rifleman. Great article on the .275 Rigby by Joe Coogan.

Anyone else notice that the big cartridge drawing they use on the third page of the article is flat-out wrong? It's a .275 Rigby Magnum, whuch is a flanged cartridge. How friggin' basic of a mistake is that? Flanged, for Pete's sake!

Oh, well, it was a good article, nonetheless.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RSY,

Yep, I noticed that too. I thought the drawing was of the .275 Rigby No. 2. I could be mistaken, though. No big deal. Main point is that the drawing does show a flanged cartridge when the article was about the .275 Rigby (rimless).

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Some folks called it the 7mm Rigby Magnum, as well. It is, indeed a different bird altogether than the .275 Rigby. The case dimensions and their proportions are very different; lots of taper, too.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote