New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy Prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wasn’t sur where to post this, so here it is. Just did a review of GI. The prices are outrageous. I know there’s a high demand, but thing is out of control. There are no deals to be found. Good luck to all the sellers. I’m sticking with what I have.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Yup. And the websites I normally deal with for ammo are now either out of stock or only selling bulk

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that too. Crazy.

I can only guess it's because of the covid stuff that's happening. Maybe people think that gangs of covid positive people are going to arrive at their door maybe? Who knows. sofa

I've been looking for ammo and components for my 9.3x62 and what I want is marked out with no chance to reorder. Let's hope it gets back to normal soon. But there is an election coming up in November and the paranoia runs deep with some........ space

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guns International? People post "asking" prices there knowing that virtually nothing on that site sells for what it is listed for. If you'll check out Gunbroker listings you'll see that about 90% of them never get a bid. Real world selling prices are considerably lower than internet "asking" prices. However, it is true that the exorbitant posted prices have fooled many sellers into asking far more than their items will sell for, creating a somewhat slow market where the sellers and buyers simply can't reach a meeting of the minds.

By the way, the component manufacturers are now in an overstocked position and are discounting and putting many items on sale.

Remington, which manufactures guns, ammunition, and components, has been in bankruptcy since March and today announced that its last potential purchaser has withdrawn. Does that sound like a "seller's market" in the gun world?

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds more like Remington doesn't know how to operate a business.

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quoted prices are crazy, but give them a call and negociate and you can still get some great buys..I got my RJReamer custom 7x57 for $650. and a clean mod. 54 for $600.Most folks price high so they have some wiggle room..Just my take..Also you have to price your guns right or they wont sell on GI, and AR...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The old adage holds true, " it's much easier to come down in price, than to go up in price. "

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote