THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM


Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
7mm rem mag m18
 Login/Join
 
new member
Picture of Crazy 8
posted
Been looking at a mauser m18 7mm rm to replace the 300 Wm that I literally never shot ,never even mounted a scope on it. (Due to me being laid up since March and needed cash) I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and thinking that the 7 would do everything as well if not better at 500 yds + Any opinions on the m18 7mm aside from the fact it has a pressed in barrel?
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Cleveland ohio  | Registered: 10 January 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazy 8:
Been looking at a mauser m18 7mm rm to replace the 300 Wm that I literally never shot ,never even mounted a scope on it. (Due to me being laid up since March and needed cash) I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and thinking that the 7 would do everything as well if not better at 500 yds + Any opinions on the m18 7mm aside from the fact it has a pressed in barrel?


It has a barrel made from the same steel on the same hammer forge machinery as a 6k blaser.

Will take you 10k plus rounds to shoot the barrel out.

My last concern would be a press fit barrel.

Mike


Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch
 
Posts: 12922 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy crap Batman, they copied a Remington 770!

"....it has a pressed in barrel"
 
Posts: 3098 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would a new rifle and scope save you cash? Doesn`t you have anything to hunt with now?
 
Posts: 3605 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a M-18 in .308 Winchester and it is one of the most consistent rifles I own. It will shoot dime sized groups with two different brands of ammo so I haven't bothered work up a load for it. If only they would make it in 7x57, I'd own one right now.
 
Posts: 1296 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
May I ask if all the rifles in the Mauser line-up are controlled feed?
https://www.mauser.com/en/
Is that important to you Crazy 8 ?


StalkerJack
 
Posts: 37 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 20 January 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StalkerJack:
May I ask if all the rifles in the Mauser line-up are controlled feed?
https://www.mauser.com/en/
Is that important to you Crazy 8 ?


Only the 98 is control round feed and costs $10k.

M18 is excellent gun for the $$$.

Mike


Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch
 
Posts: 12922 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
B 682E,

Thank you for enlightening me! tu2
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by StalkerJack:
May I ask if all the rifles in the Mauser line-up are controlled feed?
https://www.mauser.com/en/
Is that important to you Crazy 8 ?


Only the 98 is control round feed and costs $10k.

M18 is excellent gun for the $$$.

Mike


StalkerJack
 
Posts: 37 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 20 January 2022Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StalkerJack:
B 682E,

Thank you for enlightening me! tu2
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by StalkerJack:
May I ask if all the rifles in the Mauser line-up are controlled feed?
https://www.mauser.com/en/
Is that important to you Crazy 8 ?


Only the 98 is control round feed and costs $10k.

M18 is excellent gun for the $$$.

Mike


These are all brands owned by same holding company

Blaser
Sauer
Mauser

All three and produced in same factory

Rigby is owned by same owners and produces finished guns using German build actions and barrels in the UK

SIG is completely us based and has no production relations to the Germans but same ownership

Blaser is premier brand
Sauer is traditional bolt operation with multi barrel system
Mauser is entry level except m98 which also forms barrel action foundations for rigby

Mike


Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch
 
Posts: 12922 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To B 682E,

That's a great collection of organizational info that you've
posted, and that I've reposted below, quoting you! Thanks!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Originally by B 682E:

"These are all brands owned by same holding company

Blaser
Sauer
Mauser

All three and produced in same factory

Rigby is owned by same owners and produces finished guns using German build actions and barrels in the UK

SIG is completely us based and has no production relations to the Germans but same ownership

Blaser is premier brand
Sauer is traditional bolt operation with multi barrel system
Mauser is entry level except m98 which also forms barrel action foundations for rigby

Mike"


StalkerJack
 
Posts: 37 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 20 January 2022Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


Copyright December 1997-2022 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia