THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Awesome finally found something I wanted at the gun show well very close ! I I I.

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome finally found something I wanted at the gun show well very close ! I I I.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a tc encore stainless muzzleloader barrel a few months back and needed a encore frame .I have a tc contender carbine in 375 jdj and it's Been a pain the whole time I.owned it .It's either the dies or the chamber are cut wrong and I think.It's the dies anyway I wanted a 357 rem maximum barrel for the contender especially a carbine barrel or a 375 Winchester barrel carbine .I went to the gun show today bad everyone wanted ar15 stuff and it was not that good of a show more junk than guns .I looked around saw tons of plastic guns that I don't really care for and first I saw a birdshead grip stainless 32-h&r single six Ruger on the used gun table .I felt it sat it down then h
Looked and saw the tag first stainless encore pistol and it had a very long barrel .I was hoping it was 16 inches .I asked about it then saw the caliber 357 rem maximum yeah .I had to run back to the store and told him to hold it to get a tape measure and more crash.I came back bad three people were there to buy it also buy he held it for me .It has a 15 inch blued barrel it looks brand new on a stainless frame with the rubber tc grips and forend and had an extra grip .He gave me a cash price no taxes got it for the price of a new frame yeah .What kind of velocity can this barrel put out with 158 ,180 and 215 grain hard cast bullets ? I an thinking of having a perminate threaded end on it so I.cab use it as a rifle dang wish it was @6 inches from the factory .I have a Dan wesson.super mag 357 maximum so I an good to go reloading .I.Just bought 500-pcs of brass .I think.this will be a nice deer gun the 357 rem mag does not kick to me after shooting my 454 Ruger super redrawn.Now if I can find a 405 Winchester barrel too .I will leave it in.pistol form till I change the barrel if I do .It's funny I.bought the holster for this gun a top flap uncle Mike's long ago .I need to put a sling on it so it's easier to carry .It looks like a deputy dog pistol from the cartoons but it's awesome!

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 14 in 357 max that I put I permanent extension on to turn it into a carbine.

With a max load of H110 I get 2140fps with a 158gr soft points.

It is a great starter gun for the kids.

We killed a couple dozen deer with it have not shot any heaver bullets in it.

If I were going to shoot bigger game then deer I would want a tougher bullet.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I.Finally shot both my encore 15 ,inch carbine and my 23-inch contender 357 maximum .The
38 special are like 22 recoil and 357 rem mag feels like 22win mag .The 357-rem max kicks way more than expected .I have have to find the right powder and groups .It's alot funner to shoot the carbine in the 357 rem maximum.I need a better scope than the 1x3 ,weaver on the carbine and a 3x9 Nikon on.the pistol .I need a pistol scope on.the pistol .I blew down a small tree with It lots of fun .I can't wait to shoot the 215-grain bullets .It's weird one load a single time totally stuck and had to pull it out with pliers .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote