Find
Notify
Tools

Blackhawk grips
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I had been thinking I was going to end up swapping out grip frame of the 41 Magnum my father gave me for a bisley grip frame.

Then last night I noticed a Hogue mono-grip grip at my local gun shop and thought "what the hell, why not?". This thing is a totally different animal now.

I had a set of Herrets on it, and they were "just ok".

Give it a try if you are considering switching to the bisley grip.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a Hogue mono-grip on my 41Mag NM Blackhawk shortly after buying it and it is wonderful. I know it doesn't look sexy anymore but this is a hunting handgun and it is way easier to handle with full power loads.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same here, have a 41 Mag NM Blackhawk that needed grips. I had some old oversized Arizona grips on it for many years but switched to Hogue Pau Ferro grips this winter. I took it shooting yesterday, and the grips make it much more controllable.

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Hogue Monogrip on my 4 5/8" SBH for several years. Ugly as a mud fence, comfy as a good pair of boots.
But you decide if you want the gun for show or for shooting.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will go along with what everyone else said about the Hogue grips. I load the 45 Colt to full power and the Hogue's really tamed that Blackhawk down.

Regards, Keith

Posts: 208 | Location: S.W. Wyoming | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a set of Hogue's on my .41 S&W but didn't care for the open blackstrap feature. It allowed the ribbed portion of the grip frame to work on my palm.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In General, I love the Hogue rubber Mono Grips on my Double action revolvers. I don't however feel the same about them on my single actions. On the single action 4 5/8 Blackhawk they change the recoil to strait back from the rotating recoil of the Bisley grip frame. This puts a lot of stress on the web of my thumb and index finger. I'm sure its a matter of taste or my grip, but that is my preference. For sheer beauty, a set of Goncalvo Alves or Coco Bolo, or Pau Ferro on a Bisley Blackhawk or a 1911 .45 Can't be beat. Hogue makes a great product line.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote