THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    Who's shot the new Ruger 1911 in 10mm?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's shot the new Ruger 1911 in 10mm?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Jeff Quinn sure likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqiXg0xGvfs

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like ruger handguns I think i 7 0r 8 in the house now my SR1911 works well.

I would believe their 10mm work be nice also.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saw a favorable write up on it several issues back in "The Blue Press".

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
This guy likes it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSo62w1Cm8E

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

We received one at the store last week. I have not shot it, but the fit and finish is very good. The trigger is decent also.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I carried a S&W 1006 for several years as a duty gun. I love me a good 1911. Sooo...
When we saw an SR1911 at Cabelas last week my wife said "get it".

This gun wants to put 180gr XTPs into one hole at 25 yards. But I keep screwing it up with a flyer. I put just shy of a hundred rounds thru it at a local IDPA shoot this weekend with zero malfunctions and was quite happy with my score. The trigger is one of the best I've ever felt on a factory 1911.

I'm not fond of one piece guide rods or guns that require a tool for take down. But you could make the "tool" out of a paper clip in about two minutes. And Ruger has streamlined the take down pretty intelligently.

It may get some fancy grips and a tritium front sight. Maybe...

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Jeff Quinn sure likes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqiXg0xGvfs

Has Jeff ever tested a Ruger he didn't like?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased one a couple weeks ago my first 1911 Pistol. Now I know why 1911's have a following! I shot near max loads and then low powered rounds.
Was very impressed with both but it seems as though the primers are flattening out. been reloading for some time now but have not figured out whats up.
If you would like to see the post:

10mm SR1911

Posts: 213 | Location: ┌\oo/┐ Tick infested woods of N.Y. | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
But can one get an extended barrel for it?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
But can one get an extended barrel for it?

The SR1911 in 10mm is pretty new on the market. It uses a coned heavy barrel without a bushing. I don't know if that makes extra barrels easier or harder to fit.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It weighs a half of a pound more than a Glock 20?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It weighs a half of a pound more than a Glock 20?

And fits my hand a lot better than a Glock 20.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
Comparing a Glock 20 to a 1911 is pointless.

I have several Glocks and love them all. I also have an SR1911 in .45 ACP. I have been drooling over the 10mm version but just haven't picked one up, yet. Yet.

Apples and oranges.

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has Jeff ever tested a {Ruger} firearm he didn't like?

Snow: I fixed it for you.