New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quiet holster 5.5 Bisley
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some time ago I purchased nylon holster for my 5.5 Bisley (44 Magnum). Since I worked at that time in remote area, I had to order it by mail. Holster is OK in all respects except one; the strap is secured with snap button that is quite audible when strap is pulled.

Since I am going to carry this revolver as a backup on wild boar hunt in Europe, I would need more appropriate holster than one I have now.

Is any nylon holster on the market with strap secured in such way that does not make any sound when strap is pulled up to withdraw revolver? Ideal would be some kind of spring loaded snapping device that I can quietly release by pulling or pressing it.

Thanks!

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You can use an awl to make a small hole on the body side of the holster near the front, then use a boot lace to make a loop that can be used to secure the revolver in the holster.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

posted Hide Post
Yep. Make a hammer thong as Ms Hitman suggests, then cut off the existing strap. Of course, you'll be left with the snap showing, but it won't hurt anything.

I'm not really new. I had 1,000+ posts going back to 1996, when I suddenly found myself unable to Log In, in late 2013

Posts: 22 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 December 2013Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No reason not to just tuck the strap back out of the way and use it as he sees fit.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.