|one of us|
* All Blacks retain crown before Pumas test
* South Africa six points short after 27-27 draw
* Springboks miss last-minute penalty for victory
* Second successive draw between the two sides (Recasts with All Blacks' title)
BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa, Sept 30 (Reuters) - New Zealand retained the Rugby Championship title before facing Argentina in Buenos Aires on Saturday after Australia held South Africa to a 27-27 draw, their second successive stalemate in as many tests.
The All Blacks go into their test at Velez Sarsfield with 19 points from four matches, six ahead of South Africa before next weekend's final away match against the Springboks. Australia have 10 points, Argentina none.
It is world champions New Zealand's fifth title in six years since the former Tri-Nations tournament was increased to four teams with the introduction of Argentina in 2012.
"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite
|Powered by Social Strata|
Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia