THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anyone have a M193 5.56 clone load using Power Pro Varmint or CFE-223 and others?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a M193 5.56 clone load using Power Pro Varmint or CFE-223 and others?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have an M193 5.56 clone load using Alliant Power Pro Varmint or CFE-223?
I’ve got lots of PP-Varmint and only one pound of CFE 223, I’m most interested in using varmint. M193 clone loads using other powders are certainly welcome. Thanks!

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's M193, and there's "M193" as commercially loaded.

Never tried to fully duplicate M193. Some of my milsurp averages just under 3400 fps from 20" rifles.

Duplicating commercial loadings like WWB, Federal, Wolf Gold, Privi, etc mostly used H-335. 25.5 gr gets close enough. Loading in bulk for diverse M-16 uppers usually drop 24-25 gr.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a CFE load that duplicates what I got as a M193 loaded ammo (actually sold as XM193, so who knows) but it didn’t quite make listed specs (as measured by my chronograph.)

If you think that’s close enough, I can pull it up.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good number of it was loaded with 844 powder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I have a CFE load that duplicates what I got as a M193 loaded ammo (actually sold as XM193, so who knows) but it didn’t quite make listed specs (as measured by my chronograph.)

If you think that’s close enough, I can pull it up.

Yes, please, and thank you!!

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LC 09 case
55 gr hornady FMJ
26.5gr CFE223
CCI BR4 primer
2.240 OAL
3105 FPS by labradar chrono at 92*F
gave .71” in a Rem 700, and .9” (and slower by a bit)with a JP CTR-02. 5 shot groups.

A bit better accuracy and 3014 FPS with 26 gr and a 55gr Nosler ballistic tip.

Hope that is of some use!

BTW federal XM193 was 3107 In the 700.

Posts: 10479 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
LC 09 case
55 gr hornady FMJ
26.5gr CFE223
CCI BR4 primer
2.240 OAL
3105 FPS by labradar chrono at 92*F
gave .71” in a Rem 700, and .9” (and slower by a bit)with a JP CTR-02. 5 shot groups.

A bit better accuracy and 3014 FPS with 26 gr and a 55gr Nosler ballistic tip.

Hope that is of some use!

BTW federal XM193 was 3107 In the 700.

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Matt
FISH!!